Jimi na Kensei wa Sore Demo Saikyou Desu

Double-page supporter
I agree with all the complaints thrown at this story. But, I could not stop reading it until I read all the chapters which were available (ch.20). It never got boring or uninteresting to me despite all the justifiable complaints below. Hell, I was disappointed their were not more chapters. I guess I can only sum it up to it being like junk food. Yes, we all know it's bad and should be avoided for better options, but for some reason I just like the taste and can't stop eating it.

"Even if the Sword Saint is Boring He's Still the Strongest"
People: The MC is boring REEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Plays curb your enthusiasm theme"

Double-page supporter
Considerably more fun than expected. Can't quite put my finger on why I kept reading it when I dropped so many other isekai, but clearly it does something right.

The wedding / romance in this manga feels so forced. Like there hasn't been any real time for the MC and Brauer to bond yet they keep being pushed into the whole wedding thing...

So here, we got an isekai.

The MC is people who live in the modern civilization and have good education,
transported to another world,
Training for 500 years to try to become the strongest,
Become "SLAVE" for Princes ( to be more exact he become Dog who cant say no to commands).

Dont get me wrong, at first yes i find it interesting but after that it turn EXACTLY as it Title "BORING". I mean what happens to the Story here? it look like shit. It's better to see some hentai Isekai than reading 20 chapter but feel nothing except boring. 😒

Man, this manga would be infinitely better if this kid had never run into this noble bitch and it was a story about a swordsman with no worldly knowledge trying desperately to raise a child. I honestly like this kid's Buddha-like temperament and he's done well t put up with a lot of the shit this story throws at him, but it's almost disturbing how these people who are just a tiny blip on the radar that is his total lifespan are dictating his every move. On top of that, since the mangaka seems to have 0 idea of how to depict it, he's avoided showing anything involving raising this kid, even though that was the entire point of the mission assigned to Sansui.

I'm really praying that Suiboku will have the spine necessary to really set these folks straight when this whole clusterfuck of people invade his forest to poke around in his life. But this author seems desperate to avoid any worthwhile conflict in this story...

Can someone tell me is MC immortal because I skim through ch 1-2 he ask the god to become the strongest man not immortality then begin the training. Is he somehow get a blessing or some shit from being in that mountain and can he get aged outside of it. Then can anyone come to that mountain and become long lived too is his master has the ability to make someone long lived as well. Damn this shit is confusing but the author got the perfect explanation for this its *Isekai* manga so that that or should I say *Eatshitkai* manga.

@Shit1ng I think it is a by-product of practicing sage arts. I don't remember if they straight up talked about it or not.

@zeisol, His master said "don't worry about your lifespan while training under me" so what I curious is that is he cannot aged at all or in that mountain only like that training in Dragon ball where time slower inside it than outside.

My initial understand of this manga was that this character had a sage perspective to contrast all the trope-like characters in this fantasy setting. The idea that the lives of all these character are but a blink of an eye in his perspective. To the point that the complete life his "Daughter" is ultimately just a side errand. Why is he being written as becoming invested in anything?

The only nice thing about the bratty noble woman was the concept that the main character would be the one person who'd give zero fucks about her and only be in it to raise this little girl.
He can literally find work anywhere and give this girl a proper upbringing in multiple different ways. So why does the option of marrying some woman who's a fraction of his life span and will be dead in no time at all even sound remotely like a plausible outcome? Why do any of the characters get to ask anything of him? Why does he have stakes in anything? Why wind up tension that's doomed to fail?

Why would you choose to introduce a concept just to water it down?

The Harem joke character was entertaining up until the point where it became hypocritical

@Shit1ng I don't think it's a time thing like Dragon Ball. If you remember about the flashbacks the master was wandering around the world for years, possibly centuries, before he went to the forest and he hasn't at all changed. I think the non-aging is a by-product of practicing sage skills itself. Possibly it's a nod to the mythos of how in martial arts you cultivate qi, or ki in JP, and that essentially is life energy. So, it's not a big stretch to go from cultivating life to increasing your life span and quality of health dramatically. Or another way to look at it is that there is a sage skill that just, increases your life span because a previous sage out there realized that sage skills take so darn long to master that if you don't extend your life you'll never get anywhere. The master lives in the forest so that he can get away from people, not because the forest is special in anyway.

@zeisol, Then the MC probably will be virgin forever with that sage mindset. Sad for brauer probably better to find someone else than hoping for a wall to love her back.

Contributor
Well, I suppose it's inevitable that this manga has a sizeable following of people who balk at the suggestion of possible romance, given that half it's shtick has been poking fun at how luridly stupid the typical isekai wish-fulfillment plot and protagonist are.

Honestly, leaving aside whether or not the author is good enough to write it well, I think they could have a romance just fine, though I'd expect it to be a pretty tame one (and definitely not a harem XD). Sansui is basically an asexual1 at this point, but they could have a largely platonic romance (or whatever it's called these days) just fine; not everyone's cup of tea, to be sure but I could totally see it working with these characters.

1Uninterested in sex, I mean. Not self-reproducing. In an isekai I feel I still may need to specify which definition. :'p

Group Leader
This isn’t a bad isekai at all honestly. What’s with the low score, it’s better than the majority in this genre.

The female sansui works for annoys me how disrespectful he is I get him being sage allows him to have extreme patience but someone should speak up for him.

Group Leader
Please note that our release of the next chapter will be delayed a few weeks due to Deer A being on vacation. We'll probably have it out in early July.

Users who are viewing this thread