Joou Heika no Isekai Strategy - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Outrageous Act

Dex-chan lover
Damn, Grevillea looks crazier here in the manga than in the LN.

Mhhh, i'm really happy for the MC's ruthlessness. I'm sick and tired of goodie-2-shoes and fantasy worlds depicted as full of fairies and bunnies. Humans will always be humans-> doormats with the strong, exploiting the weak like animals whenever the law is ineffectual.

Dex-chan lover
@kumonani and her choice of telling the ripper swarm to kill all of them resulted in the direct foreseeable consequence of it dying. As opposed to scaring them off by slaughtering a few then summoning a swarm to kill the rest.

Similar, but not quite the same as how the slave trader bandits desire to rape ALSO lead them to dying.

Sure, she was overcome with emotion, but that's just as equally a failing when commanding people to live or die for you.

Getting mad over a foreseeable consequence of your orders is the sign of a bad commander. If you tell an individual soldier to attack a group of armed enemies - to even ambush them - if he dies, that's on you. That's your responsibility. It doesn't matter if the enemy are civilians with pitchforks or literal devils from hell, you are the one who sacrificed him.

At that point, if you go "Damn these devils/civilians I was trying to butcher! How dare they DEFEND THEMSELVES instead of lying down and being butchered! THEY DID THIS I'LL KILL THEM ALL!!!!!" that is just shifting blame. That is avoiding responsibility.

Sometimes it still needs to be done - good generals will give orders knowing they are sacrificing their people to get the job done. But it is ALWAYS their responsibility, and they will strive to make sure that it is worth the cost paid in blood.

schlock20120118.jpg

Dex-chan lover
This is pretty good, but I do kinda wish I had the mindset right now to go reread Worm instead.

Dex-chan lover
This crazy bitch has to be killed! Where are the heroes, when you need them?

this is real reason
swarm's will is to consume the world
all of her "revenge" is reason to justify the action.
after kingdom fall, she will start invading the weakest and less threatening nation.
no matter how human she look like. she's just a swarm queen.

@Red225 I think that's what annoyed me about this chapter. But if she didn't initiate the attack and slaughter, who knows how they would have reacted. Could have attacked first, which could have ended worse, if the ambush/suprise attack weren't there.

But then again, she isn't really a proper general or anything or has any experience, except that game she has played.

Dex-chan lover
Shouldn't have hanged obvious death flag on it's leg I guess.
This makes me wonder what other races/factions are capable of to be on equal footing with this kind of destructive power.

Contributor
What are you fighting for?

For Honor?
No.
For Vengeance?
No.
For Justice?
No.
Then for what do you fight?

FOR THE CUTIE!!! PREPARE TO DIE! 💀

Users who are viewing this thread