Joou Heika no Isekai Strategy

Fed-Kun's army
From the description, this seems quite interesting. A RTS game instead of a RPG
But does the game have a name? Fantasy RTS with 21 factions (if I recall correctly), does anyone know of it?

Group Leader
I came to just check the illustration, The LN has zero illustrations other than the cover.
I recommend reading the LN, 3 volumes are already out. It's better than waiting for a chapter per month

Contributor
@hancea1996:

I mean, that wasn't exactly what I was complaining about per se, but for the sake of the argument, in the abstract, there are any number of reasons one might want to invade and conquer a world—broadly most all of the same reasons one might invade a country, which as we know are myriad, and variably justifiable or unjustifiable. But... preferably something more constructive and substantive than "vengeance" or "because we can", I suppose. (To be clear; I can totally accept such disproportionate "revenge" as the principle motive in a story that addresses it in a very human way; stories of trials and struggles, of pain and pride and other more tragic sides of humanity—but that's beside the point of the question you asked, and anyway I don't think this is going to be that sort of story?)

Beyond that, a bug swarm army is a totally neutral concept, neither good nor bad (though frequently reviled, which does matter immensely for the purposes of how interesting a choice they are for a fictional protagonist). In the abstract, I totally respect any protagonist picking up a bug swarm "just 'cause", for what it's worth.

But to be clear, when I said:

just a lot of killing people and people dying and the usual fruitless perpetuation of a cycle of vengeance, with nothing but bugs for keeping company with

That first word, "just", is rather the crux of my problem! It's not that that concept is in itself workable. I mean, minus the "nothing but bugs for keeping company with", there's a bunch of very profound and human stories that are centered around the bitter truths and ironies, and also the trials and tribulations, of warfare of all sorts.

But if all there is to it is stuff like, "the protagonist shall dominate everything and there shall be great suffering in the land, yay winning is fun", and furthermore if one's going to make the whole world one's enemy and most all one has for friends are insects bound to one's bidding, that's all in all pretty dreary state of affairs.

Like, there's loads of potential exceptions and ways it could be made to work, as there always are in writing, but I'm starting out here with immense skepticism.

@Pokari Overall I don't really mind what other people's reason are for raising and keeping armies other than self defense. But personally, the concept of "I'll raise an army/swarm just cause I can" I find a waste of time and illogical as the scenario of "I'll go commit genocide because I'm bored to death". That's just me tho. But the idea of having an army is not against me, also I play lots of RTS so running an army is fun for me. Its just that the reason you get one is cuz you need em for a purpose not because you just want to have em. Probably becuz i dont want my soldiers not doing shit and getting bored to death. Heck if I was tasked to do uncharted exploration w/o fighting on my battleships and tanks, I'd go in a heartbeat (I dont care if its a battle or not as long as my troops can do shit). Again thats just me. Im not saying ur opinion is wrong either.

Fed-Kun's army
just a lot of killing people and people dying and the usual fruitless perpetuation of a cycle of vengeance, with nothing but bugs for keeping company with
Have you already forgotten that queen has allied with an elf village?

But the idea of having an army is not against me, also I play lots of RTS so running an army is fun for me. Its just that the reason you get one is cuz you need em for a purpose not because you just want to have em. Probably becuz i dont want my soldiers not doing shit and getting bored to death. Heck if I was tasked to do uncharted exploration w/o fighting on my battleships and tanks, I'd go in a heartbeat
There has been real historical explorations/expeditions that have involved armed forces, though some have managed without (Dr. Livingstone). If you want a strategy game where warfare is optional and not required, I recommend you Sid Meier's Civilization series and the likes (A Call to Power, Freeciv, C-evo, Galactic Civilizations series)

Cool manga. Kinda reminds me of Kerrigan and the Swarm from StarCraft, perhaps this manga is inspired by those i suppose?

This reminds me of Total War: Warhammer. I'm played the game and I can sort of see that the MC faction is like the Beastmen or even the Chaos factions in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread