Josou shite Off-Kai ni Sanka shite mita. - Vol. 3 Ch. 55

Dex-chan lover
Is there a reason that you’re using female pronouns for Opera now? Did they say anything yet indicating it was anymore than a hobby or am I misremembering?

Dex-chan lover
Is there a reason that you’re using female pronouns for Opera now? Did they say anything yet indicating it was anymore than a hobby or am I misremembering?
Japanese rarely uses second-person pronouns, and even then it’s not always gendered. lots of “that person”.
first-person is where things get wild. 52 options. A number of those are archaic or situational, but they exist.
It took me five years to pick one.

Dex-chan lover
Opera isn't a drag queen though... He's a crossdressing man.
Opera isn’t his name, though.
crossdressing has a different vibe in Japan, from how it’s portrayed at least.
It seems to involve taking on a persona, similar to drag.

Pronouns in Japanese are wild.

or are you just here to start some nonsense like you did with the webcomic translation?

Banned
Opera isn’t his name, though.
crossdressing has a different vibe in Japan, from how it’s portrayed at least.
It seems to involve taking on a persona, similar to drag.

Pronouns in Japanese are wild.

or are you just here to start some nonsense like you did with the webcomic translation?
I'm here to state how this translator really loves putting in their bias in certain manga about crossdressing.

Turning crossdressing men into transexuals or "drag queens" now apparently all for squeezing that extra bit of validation by projecting themselves onto the characters.

I guess the one actual trans character in this manga wasn't enough for them?

Dex-chan lover
I'm here to state how this translator really loves putting in their bias in certain manga about crossdressing.

Turning crossdressing men into transexuals or "drag queens" now apparently all for squeezing that extra bit of validation by projecting themselves onto the characters.

Pfffft.
So he wouldn’t have a problem being called “he” In-character? He ISN’T trying to pass? That’s specifically stated as a goal he has!
”Opera” is a character. The man who dresses up as Opera does so while pretending to be a woman. It makes perfect sense to use the appropriate pronouns for the character when he is in costume.
This isn’t Lemon/Yuuki. He only actually cross-dressed like once, and even then he didn’t intend on actually hiding his gender.
These two DID and DO hide their gender while in-character.
It‘s hilarious how easily frightened you are.
”she” “OH, NO! THE AGENDA! THEY'RE COMING! THEY WANT TO… PEE IN THE TOILETS! WHAT’S NEXT? BREATHE THE AIR?!”

Translating something from a language that just doesn’t use pronouns in many cases into one that does requires interpretation based on context.
the next few chapters make this even more sensible of a choice. The series complete months ago. It’s clear that there is only one woman in the bunch. The translator surely knows this (it’s not a difficult read), so you wigging out is just pathetic.

In other news -

Edit: that’s not news.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Tinyfool, if you want to act like a martyr just keep it to your twitter feed.
We already know how the story ends - you're just mad that the translation group picked up on the gender expansive vibes given off by Opera and Cocoa.

Dex-chan lover
On a serious note, protect Cocoa!
It's obvious to readers with issues regarding gender identity and expression as well as self-image and self-esteem that Cocoa is dealing with a lot and his friends want him to feel genuinely himself and relaxed to the point of expressing himself however he'd like and to the point of looking like whatever and still being his own person.

F2eoHE1aAAEPunD

F2eoMwna8AAlPii

F2eoQ48bUAAgrfR

The whole idea with Cocoa isn't so much whether they're trans or cis, but whether she feels comfortable being himself. We don't get a real resolution one way or the other, but because of the struggles that come with self-image and with expression through the weirdness that is gender, we get trans vibes off the story as a whole. Tarou is the most obviously trans character because of her stating it outright, especially in the Japanese, but Cocoa's story is similar to Tarou's in that Cocoa is approaching their gender identity and expression with intent. For all we know, Cocoa post-story might want to use labels like femboy, x-gender, bigender, or, heaven forbid to some folks, trans, but the main idea we get here is that Cocoa is on this journey on their own terms and they're being encouraged to feel comfortable with themselves.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
On a serious note, protect Cocoa!
It's obvious to readers with issues regarding gender identity and expression as well as self-image and self-esteem that Cocoa is dealing with a lot and his friends want him to feel genuinely himself and relaxed to the point of expressing himself however he'd like and to the point of looking like whatever and still being his own person.

F2eoHE1aAAEPunD

F2eoMwna8AAlPii

F2eoQ48bUAAgrfR
As much as I loved Rina’s arc I do think his arc is more interesting.

Dex-chan lover
stuff
Not to judge ya for it because I was busy editing, but you need to see the updated text. I'll paste it here.

The whole idea with Cocoa isn't so much whether they're trans or cis, but whether she feels comfortable being himself. We don't get a real resolution one way or the other, but because of the struggles that come with self-image and with expression through the weirdness that is gender, we get trans vibes off the story as a whole. Tarou is the most obviously trans character because of her stating it outright, especially in the Japanese, but Cocoa's story is similar to Tarou's in that Cocoa is approaching their gender identity and expression with intent. For all we know, Cocoa post-story might want to use labels like femboy, x-gender, bigender, or, heaven forbid to some folks, trans, but the main idea we get here is that Cocoa is on this journey on their own terms and they're being encouraged to feel comfortable with themselves.

Dex-chan lover

Please don't call trans people "transsexuals". The LGBT community is VERY different in many countries. Such as the Anglospere community are ignorant to think "fujoshis are white straight women" when it is a word MADE in Japan. Many queer Japanese people call themselves fujoshis who enjoy crossdressing as their favourite male characters.

I am transmale. I enjoy being called a "femboy" who pretends "I am just a boy crossdressing while sadly being in a biological woman's body.... ugh....
Crossdressing culture is quite big in Japan. There's even some women celebrities' who get called "aniki" because of how much of a tomboy or themselves crossdressing. Gender identity =//= gender expression.

Dex-chan lover
Please don't call trans people "transsexuals". The LGBT community is VERY different in many countries. Such as the Anglospere community are ignorant to think "fujoshis are white straight women" when it is a word MADE in Japan. Many queer Japanese people call themselves fujoshis who enjoy crossdressing as their favourite male characters.

I am transmale. I enjoy being called a "femboy" who pretends "I am just a boy crossdressing while sadly being in a biological woman's body.... ugh....
Crossdressing culture is quite big in Japan. There's even some women celebrities' who get called "aniki" because of how much of a tomboy or themselves crossdressing. Gender identity =//= gender expression.
He knows that. He's mad that he is beholden to a trans woman and her team for translating a really good story and he hates that one of the main characters is a trans woman, and he throws fits about it on his twitter profile because that's where he feels he has the most power and attention.

Last edited:
Banned
Tinyfool, if you want to act like a martyr just keep it to your twitter feed.
We already know how the story ends - you're just mad that the translation group picked up on the gender expansive vibes given off by Opera and Cocoa.
You don't exactly argue in good faith and are prone to the same bias as the translator.

You do this to a lot of femboy characters that don't even have an identity crisis.

You seem to delete any tweet that gets big backlash on. I wonder why?

Oh and btw, Japan still sees Bridget as a femboy.

Dex-chan lover
You don't exactly argue in good faith and are prone to the same bias as the translator.

You do this to a lot of femboy characters that don't even have an identity crisis.

You seem to delete any tweet that gets big backlash on. I wonder why?

Look, it's not my fault you don't want to read and what you posted isn't at all relevant (not to mention that tweet isn't deleted - the account was rendered private to address an issue regarding crypto bots). But since you're that thirsty for an understanding from a nonbinary consumer of manga and a writer of smut, allow me to restate.

The whole idea with Cocoa isn't so much whether they're trans or cis, but whether she feels comfortable being himself. We don't get a real resolution one way or the other, but because of the struggles that come with self-image and with expression through the weirdness that is gender, we get trans vibes off the story as a whole. Tarou is the most obviously trans character because of her stating it outright, especially in the Japanese, but Cocoa's story is similar to Tarou's in that Cocoa is approaching their gender identity and expression with intent. For all we know, Cocoa post-story might want to use labels like femboy, x-gender, bigender, or, heaven forbid to some folks, trans, but the main idea we get here is that Cocoa is on this journey on their own terms.

Now, I welcome actual criticisms of that summary and approach to the theme, but if you're not willing to engage with it, then perhaps you should lay off the ad hom.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread