Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute!

But i have english LN right here? https://tenshihonyakusha.wordpress.com/to-be-a-power-in-the-shadows/power-shadow-ch-001/

Secrets like this are good only when it is revealed just like in detective type stories. It's only cool when you tell someone how you decipher or solved the mystery. His secret being the shadow will only be awesome if people knew the real him. Like the scene on
"The Irregular at magic highschool," when he was called special officer everyone in the room "WOA WAO WAOAWO NANI?"
In conclusion this formula works

Kind of interesting but overall meh... Not feeling it at all..6/10
This is wwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy over rated as usual on MD..

@konzolmester for anyone that likes misunderstanding comedy, it's very deserving of its rating. If you're looking for basically anything else then, yeah it'll be less than stellar. People looking for battlemanga don't like romcom either, it doesn't mean a romcom they end up is poorly executed though.

Anyone that liked 'The Man Who Knew Too Little' will love this comic.

@Mdobbs I'm fine with misunderstanding comedy, this one is just not up to my expectation. Most parts is badly executed and went flat onward.
It's not a bad manga overall, just not deserving the almost perfect rating. This is a 6(fine)/10. On the other hand rating on MD is futile.
People (kids) overrate and downrate everything of its real value.

@konzolmester What would you say would rate higher than this particular manga in the misunderstanding comedy department? I could see not giving it a perfect rating since the translation isn't exactly top notch, but I think the actual execution of the author and artist are pretty solid. This is currently one of my top recommendations, and I typically give it to friends that were in to Trigun.

A lot in the story is purposely derived/tropey to help make the humorous moments shine. I do agree that rating on sites like MD is a crapshoot...I just don't see much else in the misunderstanding humor department that is remotely as good.

This isn't funny. Just because the author is admitting to pulling from tropes doesn't mean it's okay he's pulling from tropes. It's not a spoof so it's just generic and stupid. Just another stupidly edgy isekai with an uninteresting OP protag.

And to anyone who says it's funny or interesting that the MC is pretending not to be OP, that premise means the manga is inherently taking the MC seriously in the first place, which makes him come off as lame as fuck.

it's mediocre not a masterpiece or trash the mc is go edgy it's almost funny , the harem have some interesting personality rather than being plain merchandise but the world building is trashy and outside of the harem no one get any good character beside being one-note vailain
and the mc doesn't try to be eminence in shadow at all since to be such a person you gotta first find a hero that will collect the glory of all your deeds

Contributor
How is this rated so high when like 70% of the comments are complaining about how overrated it is?

It’s overrated but we still like it because the story is both serious and unserious at the same time and even though the main character is literally chuunibyou gone mad, his antics plus the antics of his subordinates are entertaining to read. The fact that the story’s foundation is based off a series of blind coincidences is funny and so we read on.

Users who are viewing this thread