Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 21 Ch. 204 - Tsubame Koyasu and Yu Ishigami: Part 2

Group Leader
Thank you Ishigami for all your hard work. Now Tsubame is not afraid to fuck college chads anymore hahaha

Aggregator gang
Proud of Ishigami, he took it like a man, and stayed true to his ideals about love and friendship. He worked for what he wanted and didn't let his disappointment ruin his progress as a person. He's lucky he has real friends who support him though, because obviously getting turned down is still very painful.

Supporter
BTW, there's plenty of story after this due to the shockwave through their social circles after this event (assuming the author &writing team keeps producing this work). There's a lot of personal development that can come from actually getting rejected versus thinking about rejection. A few story ideas come to mind:
- Ishigami finally experienced real romantic rejection and will grow up and deal with something that a lot of boys and young men go through at that age.
- Shirogane and Kaguya will take up the challenge of taking care of not only Ishigami but also Iino, due to social responsibility in the senpai-kouhai relationship as well as due to genuine friendship.
- Tsubasa, with some character development, can come around and see Ishigami as a viable romantic partner in the future. People change in real life, no reason they can't change in the fictional world as well. It won't happen in a school setting, though, since they're 2 years apart, and a lot happens in a young person's life in 2 years, including the 2 years she would have graduated college and he would (hopefully) still be enrolled.

Breakups aren't fun, but I'm always happy when *something* happens that removes uncertainty. This is just me, but I cheer for announcements of dating, marriage, and breakups and divorce. The latter two are tough, but new doors to happiness become available, and a shitty situation that gets resolved cleanly is better than it persisting any longer than necessary.

I do understand her not wanting to hurt ishigami , but does she actually believe that bullshit she's saying? Real friendship between a man and a woman is possible, but not when the 1 of them has an unrequited love for the other. I feel like she's just leading him on by saying that whole spiel. Yeah, it feels like shit to break someone's heart, but she should've just rejected him and gone separate ways. Staying close to him as a 'friend' will only make it harder for him to give up and move on.

When all is said and done, the pain is still there in the end, but he'll grow from this and become even stronger

Double-page supporter
god damn bro this manga is way too good, platonic and romatic ralationships are a mess no matter how much tsubame wanted to like him it wouldn't happen and it would end up as a very toxic relationship, ishigami has every right to be sad now but at least he has many friends to support him including tsubame

Senpai isn't the smarstest, is it? There's no normal way a guy/girl would feel at ease with just being friends with the one they like. It even gets worse when they get a relationship or is flirting with someone. Just watch poor Maki-senpai

At first i liked the thing she did for him, but after this chapter i can only see that as manipulation for him to not being able to end the friendship for guilt reasons...

Users who are viewing this thread