Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 21 Ch. 206 - Miyuki Shirogane Isn’t Depressing

On page 6, these two panels at the bottom were TLed very loosely.
unknown.png

Below is a more literal TL of the lines:
いやいや藤原先輩
No, no, Fujiwara-Senpai,
今まで何を見てきたんですか
What have you seen until now?
一番無いやつでしょそれ
That's the most impossible one, isn't it?

The implication of the JP raw (and the impression that most Japanese readers seem to be having) is that Ishigami is dismissing Miko as an option because he thinks that she hates him, which is something that's been established in previous chapters. The way it's translated now, "Literally anyone else would be a better match", implies that he hates her. I believe this has the potential to give readers the wrong impression, so I think it would be best if this line was edited.

Dex-chan lover
@shanoc5902
Yep that was literally my first thought, he definitely means it in a way that favors Iino, not himself.

I really like Shirogane's development, he really is no longer afraid of what people think of him.
Early Shirogane would never have told Iino about his depression technique cause that would have ruined the image he was going for

Dex-chan lover
YEAH BABY! SEASON THREE MOTHEFUCKERS. They sure will adapt the story to chapter 151

Dex-chan lover
if Tsubane rejected him normally i dont think she’d have gotten this mucj flack, what was the authors goal with the past arc? To push him towards that idiotic Iino for who he should have no ounce of feelings whatsoever?

Dont force it like most other stupid romcoms

Aggregator gang
"THE DOOR!" disagrees with a statement in that chapter.
Although solid support from Miko for Prez there. Not that Kaguya doesn't already know what with the spycams...

Dex-chan lover
ahHAHA eat a dick iino! wwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ok got that out of my system... but i swear i was neutral to her till she started being an abusive bitch when he was taking care of her, now i definitely dont want ishigami to end up with her

Lmao at the obvious iino shoehorn here, I'm done with this manga for now. What a shitshow...

Dex-chan lover
@sumfahg as a non-native speaker, I find that Zaibatsu's translation also can have the meaning of "Iino is too good for me"...well, if they say "this match is not good" it's because either of them is not good...no?

Fed-Kun's army
Oh cool. For a second i was scared that Shirogane would hug her then Kaguya would come in...(Useless drama go away!)

@VINT64 even in that case, "Iino is too good for me" is very different from "Iino hates me". If this line is causing misinterpretations in any direction, I think it's best to change it.

Users who are viewing this thread