Kajiya de Hajimeru Isekai Slow Life - Ch. 23

Contributor
Another chap uploaded to here~ Also, A WEEK LEFT until new raw chap (24) will release so be sure to stay tuned~

Enjoy your read and to those new Nylda's admirers 👀 So is she a potential waifu to y'all???
I'm still Samia-chan's humongous simp okaaayyyy 😡

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!
Geez, I thought we were overdue for our required Japanese sword chapter...
I'll accept it as long as we don't get the "Superior Nippon Steel - folded 10000x" bit.
Also, everyone's here for Samia or Nylda, while I'm sitting over here wanting to pet Krull... :headpat:

Dex-chan lover
I wonder what they'd say about that man entering...

Swallow first, talk second.

"A bit heavy and the length doesn't seem right."
That's a roughly accurate description of what HEMA people usually think about a katana.

In most sword combat, there's no real finishing strike. Any strike that's not a feint is meant to finish the fight.

Yeah, that's very short. But that doesn't look like a little longer than a wakizashi. It looks like a short or average at most wakizashi.

To my knowledge Japanese swordsmithing isn't about covering soft steel with hard steel, but by accomplishing that with differential hardening, where the surface hardens more than the core. It's also does bend; spring steel is what doesn't bend (but it flexes more). There are benefits and drawbacks to both.

Another chap uploaded to here~ Also, A WEEK LEFT until new raw chap (24) will release so be sure to stay tuned~
Any scanlation that keeps updates before the next raw chapter is released is what I consider up to date.

I'll accept it as long as we don't get the "Superior Nippon Steel - folded 10000x" bit.
Which is funny because it was folded exactly because it wasn't superior, and several cultures, like the Norse, folded their steel even more. And you only need like 13-14 folds to get 10000 layers.

Dex-chan lover
Lest anyone forget,
1-172365274.jpg

Contributor
Ooo nice another chapter! I really like this series. The MC is more mature than average and pretty chill.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder what they'd say about that man entering...

Swallow first, talk second.

That's a roughly accurate description of what HEMA people usually think about a katana.

In most sword combat, there's no real finishing strike. Any strike that's not a feint is meant to finish the fight.

Yeah, that's very short. But that doesn't look like a little longer than a wakizashi. It looks like a short or average at most wakizashi.

To my knowledge Japanese swordsmithing isn't about covering soft steel with hard steel, but by accomplishing that with differential hardening, where the surface hardens more than the core. It's also does bend; spring steel is what doesn't bend (but it flexes more). There are benefits and drawbacks to both.

Any scanlation that keeps updates before the next raw chapter is released is what I consider up to date.

Which is funny because it was folded exactly because it wasn't superior, and several cultures, like the Norse, folded their steel even more. And you only need like 13-14 folds to get 10000 layers.
Here comes AnotherDuck with an in-depth analysis. Well done I might add too, as sword folding just 3 or 4 times will strengthen the steel enough to have the necessary qualities of a strong sword, any more and you run the risk of having to start over or make the material too brittle.

The people who think that the more you fold the better the blade, don't understand the science behind damascus folds and often think that the higher the number means the steel gets stronger

and too add onto what you said about the 13-14 folds, that would result in 8,192-16,384. As the equation is just 2^[# of folds] so a 2^14 does the job for a mall ninja.

Users who are viewing this thread