Kamitachi ni Hirowareta Otoko - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
@the_white_rabbit

That's what bothered me so much about this part in the novel. Thing is, emotions are another form of 'sense' that allows you to interpret situations, the past, social context, etc. into certain categories or reactions. For a rational adult, getting angry at a group of adults who are beating up and robbing children IS the appropriate reaction. It's like how you would also need to go to anger management for things like suppressing your anger too much, he needs to learn not to suppress everything.

Fed-Kun's army
@Meridis True. But I think he just doesn't like being angry in general, and he knows that he can resolve it peacefully with his overwhelming ability, yet he still broke the guy arm and leg. From outsider perspective, it's totally justified, but to him it's too much.

Dex-chan lover
@the_white_rabbit

I see it differently. Yes, the emotions are information and letting any one datapoint completely throw you on the wrong track is the issue your describing. More so, though it's better to act rather than react, you can not act to a situation that's already occurred. You can only react or respond(carryout a prescribed plan for the situation that was designed beforehand). Regardless of how he feels, anything he does that he didn't already plan for is just a reaction and that's what's being referred to as bad in the phrase. Either way, my perspective is that he's failing to properly integrate the information from his feelings and, because he did not act excessively yet still wants to be more restrained, his problem is being overly restrained and not being carried away by his emotions. It's not like his anger is some 'other' hijacking him. It's a part of his perspective and he made a proper judgement with it. Therefore, I have trouble accepting this a a reason for him to barely see Elia and co for so long.

@FireCamp @Kurogwane
well that's a shame, if they don't. kind of seems like a missed opportunity, you've already set up everything you'd need to about the setting and the characters, plus it would make it go so slow with respect to the romance area. I mean what are you gonna do with two ten year olds... realistically. I guess he could still get more powerful etc.
perhaps they might take a combined approach and not do a timeskip, but a timelapse. I can hope at least. that would likely be the best of both

Double-page supporter
MC: I want to live independently from now on
Elia: Okay but we must absolutely see each other in 3 years and then again in 6
Wow that's such a huge timeskip flag she's raising, how is that in any way a natural response? Just because he's not living under the same roof doesn't mean they can't meet, even if she goes to some school.

Also I wonder if we're getting a school arc, though my guess is no because of the above.

Dex-chan lover
@HiraOmnibus and others I will try a last time explaining the MC. He is basically traumatized and in some way not right in the head because of that. that hasnt anything to do with self esteem or whatsoever and is nothing that can be that easely improved, especially if he lived that long with it already. Because of his former life it became something of his character and self. He will need to work hard on himself to improve and maybe be able to let it behind him.
That he is too hard on himself is obvious for every outside person who doesnt have this trauma, but people like him see that differently. Normally Ryouma would need a psychologist or something like that. Sadly this world doesnt have such a thing. Therefore riding the wave that he is wrong is pointless, because the MC isnt able to snap with his finger and see that he was in the right. Heck he even knows it himself logically but emotionally he cant accept it. That is what can be called a disorder when it is this extreme.

Another point with that she cant see him for 3 years .... aristrocratic schools are most of the time at the capital or something, also quite the distance away. Visiting isnt that easy and at best Ryouma could try visiting them if he has time, but because of his personality it would be strange to do it, if he isnt accidently in the capital.

Users who are viewing this thread