Kamitachi ni Hirowareta Otoko - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Aggregator gang
@dudewithmagic

It's more about his ideals on how one should live.
He wants to avoid using violent means in order to avoid becoming a violent person, if that makes sense.

I do agree that it was reasonable to use violence in that particular situation, but I also feel that it is worthwhile to consider the fact that my culture romanticizes violence. Despite the appeal of passionate, violent justice, it likely would have been possible for Ryouma to restrain all of them without snapping the guy's arm like a Slim Jim, and the fact that he'd done so is antithetical to "the way he wants to live".

I hate these beta looser mangakas poisoning readers with bullshit ideas.

To retaliate with violence just because I didn't like how he picked on me makes me no different than him

utter stupidity. This bland attitude encouraged by distorted pussy morals is what creates sheeple out of kids.

They were bullying a bunch of brats, stealing from them, and even using violence against them.... THE LEAST you could do is crush a couple of bones on each one of the bullies, then paint them with tar and thoroughly stick them with feathers and make them parade through the city for good measure. And no, that wouldn't make you wicked in the least.

On the other hand, the pussy beta way of just tying them up and delivering them to the guild would be meaningless if the guild fails to punish them because "they have no proof" or some bullshit. Which would then complicate things further since the bullies would now declare themselves offended and start causing troubles, and going after them would be even more difficult since they now they could say they are unjustly prosecuted, etc.... so no, you catch them, you beat them, right there, right now, no questions asked. That's how you deal with crooks.

i hate his personality
100% compassion
0% selfishness
crap mc, dropped, everything was going well until the phrase
To retaliate with violence just because I didn't like how he picked on me makes me no different than him
really pissed me off

ill try reading a few more chapters to see if he actually changes and becomes atleast selfish or mad in the slightest but if he doesn't, goodbye manga

I think People hate the MC's morals because it suggests to us that maybe we are not as good people as we claim to be. Everyone wants to tear heroes down to our level rather than trying to better ourselves and climb up to a heroic level.

It also implys the truth that everything is not relivitve and morality is not defined by our convenience.

It was not wrong for the MC to use force against those thugs. However, he was questioning the fact that rather than fight them purely to protect the kids he fought them cause they pissed him off, and protecting the kids was a good justification to vent his anger, (or at least that is what he is worried about.

I somehow understand how there are so many pissed off about this person. But among all the MCs, I think I like his personality better. If someone experienced harsh environment, a person could be either an abusive one, a petty one or a selfless one. Izz like an evolution. Commonly, we saw a lot of abusive and petty ones came out from the harsh environment. But there are some people who became selfless because of an understanding that "pain is painful that's why I want to do it for everyone". The way for them of being selfish is to be in the service of other people if it meant to be happy. Although, the character is selfless one, getting violent just because he was pissed off or because he needed to protect the children when you can clearly solved it in other way is something he could never forgave because if you read the manga, he does not want to become like his father who beat him up in front of the teachers just to end the situation he was in without finding any way to resolve the problem. In short, his selfishness is in a form of "not wanting to be like his father". Well, he is kinda what you call legendary pokemon that you want to exploit so badly, if you'd compare humans to pokemon rarity.

Although, if I were to be asked, the situation was not well-executed.

Didn’t MC say he killed bandits, didn’t he say poisoned them as well. Seems to me he was lenient with snapping the guy’s arm.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda hate it when people from their past life doesn't add the years in their isekai body and kept insisting they're only 2x, 3x, 4x , years old....

he's probably 50-ish instead of 42 at this point.....
This one actually does have the MC keep track of his proper age. He was 39 when he got trucked, with the body of an 8 year old. He's now 42 since 3 years have passed.

Until this chapter I hadn't considered how the three adults in the duke's family reflect the three gods that brought him to this world.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Author: I need the MC to split from the Duke family and stay in this town
Fans: Okay, so just have MC decide to do that? Put down roots in town. Seems totally reasonable.
Author: So I'm going to make the MC beat up some adventurer/bandits that seemed like they were going all out on some kids, feel bad about it, use some terribly poor reasoning to reason out splitting up, everything's good!
Fans: WTF Author?!

Users who are viewing this thread