Kanojo ni Naritai Kimi to Boku - Vol. 4 Ch. 44 - What Is Love?

Hamuro!!! I'm rooting for you the most! I know Hime has had feelings for Akira since the dawn of time and has done everything she could for her, but imo Hamuro has been that type of person for Hime as well. The only one to really stand by her side through the good and the bad. I just wish him well. 😫

Dex-chan lover
Lak5bdA.gif

Fed-Kun's army
BABY DON'T HURT ME

A relationship that's beyond friendship or dating that can't be out into words. I wonder how that would play out.

Dex-chan lover
I feel so on the outside, since I don’t have much beyond close friends, my wife, stepdaughter and the people at my synagogue truly _in_ my life.

Dex-chan lover
Seems like Hine and Akira are gonna have a nice little queerplatonic relationship :)

Good luck to Hamuro also, he might not get the romance but I hope he'll be happy cuz he's a good dude ;^;

1) don't hurt me 2) this is news for Hamuro indeed, can't wait to see where it goes from here 3) that cat reminds me of those renaissance paintings of realistic flowers next to the worst possible impression of a cat imaginable, and I love it.

BABY DON'T HURT ME

anyway I love this manga so much for pushing the idea that platonic and romantic aren't the only relationships. that means so so much to me.. And really, right now I just want Hamuro to be happy..

Fed-Kun's army
So... what does "beyond love or friendship" mean here, in practice? Really close friends? Family, i.e. she sees Hime like a sister? I guess sex friends also falls into this "beyond" category, as do a few types of polyamory, but I don't think that Akira is talking about either of those. I dunno, I'm fine with non-traditional relationships, but I don't understand what Akira wants on a basic level. I guess this will be explained more in future chapters, but I found this chapter kind of frustrating, since both Hamuro and a lot of the commenters here seem to understand what Akira means, and I'm just not getting it. :/

I really ship Hime and Hamuro. He's such a good boy! They would be such a sweet couple.

Dex-chan lover
@mirewitch Yeah, I'm kind of in that space. It's like, you don't want to be together but you care about me so much that you want a fancy word for "no". That's nice . . .

Contributor
Mm, yeah that is a relationship where some people can automatically recognize it, but can't describe with words. Maybe in a different language, there is a word for it and is more common, but maybe not in english or japanese. Queerplatonic is very close, but idk it doesn't feel quite strong enough

Users who are viewing this thread