Kanojo ni Naritai Kimi to Boku

Hello, genuinely confused person here, i usually come to read to coment begofe I start to read.
Can someone explain to me what this manga is about?
Like, are the two of them transgender, one of them is and the other just fake's it for the friend, there's love of friendship, or like love love, I'm definitely confused y'all, but this seems cute, and I want to give it try.

@Ingra
the MC is a girl who fell in love with her trans childhood friend when the friend was still a boy. The MC is still in love with the transgirl but the transgirl is attracted to males so MC tries to crossdress as a boy for the person she loves.

Dex-chan lover
The american poison is seeping into mangas, I really hope the local community will reject it strongly.

Dex-chan lover
@Morteman1998 I don't care about the trans part, I care about the vocab they use - the cultish pseudo science that the fanatics from the US use in their propaganda. And that's not an evolution but a devolution because they try to infuse said poison into japanese culture by means of shaming and censorship ( there have already been multiple examples like sony or sword art online). Yuri and yaoi has both existed long before those cultists appeared and it was absolutely fine the way it was.

I keep mistaking that weird 6 in the cover art for volume 6 damn it

Dex-chan lover
@johnjrenns that's true but they tokenized them, warped their image and weaponized them for a disgusting cult to wield. They don't give a fck for the actual people, especially when they aren't in line.

For anyone who didn't think anything happened though it seems like the end, lol. Maybe you should read from the beginning again to the end in one sitting. Most shoujo mangas have a defined end when the main protag gets together with the person that they like, but I don't know how fitting it would be in this manga.
I think the end of this manga is good because everyone has grown up and is a little more comfortable with their identity. The point of this manga was never to emphasize the getting together of people in a romantic relationship, (like in most shoujo mangas) but more rather the acceptance of identity, and learning how to fit into society after accepting yourself. Hime learns to be an individual and to stop measuring her self worth based on Akira, and Akira (obv) learns to discover accept herself.
I love where the manga is going with this ending, I would love for Hime and Akira to get together, but I don't know if it would feel right as a conclusion.

Banned
@Iskarioth

It's a shame they're being used as a weapon. Giving a "I can do no wrong cause I'm oppressed" badge has destroyed western society.

It's gotten out of hand and I hope those who do experience gender dysphoria hold strong.

are.... are any of u guys who are arguing about lgbt people and issues even like. lgbt??? because if you aren't, don't even bother. it has nothing to do with you.

@shoutosoba agreed.
Trans person with crippling gender dysphoria here, I think this manga is pretty nice compared to how often trans people get fetishized in manga. A good change of pace.

Also, trans people who don’t experience dysphoria are valid as hell.

I love how this finishes, because it feels resolved. It feels raw and realistic, something that could happen if everything went 'right' and not horrific.

Fed-Kun's army
ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE BRAINROT IN THE COMMENTS!!! ANYWAYS!
trans people with or without dysphoria exist and are valid as hell, we dont have to look and act and do what you want us to do. we love to see bisexuality on here. love is love. and cishets should learn how to be quiet about shit they know nothing about.

FUCK YES! We need more stuff like this out there at the very least to start a dialogue. So kudos to the author for creating such a work and to the translators for doing such an awesome job. This thing made me cry T-T .... good tears though XD

Honestly it’s quite insane what transpired in the comment section. Maybe this is why this anime has such a low rating despite being good and even making me cry.

I relate so much to the characters and their actions and decisions. When Hime was being too headstrong and impulsive, I saw myself. When the teacher wondered why he did not feel romantic love like a “normal” person, I saw myself. When Momo decided that just because she doesn’t like being called “cute” doesn’t mean she has to stop being cute, I saw myself. I love how this reflected human emotions and what people goes through as they grow up. It wasn’t just about LGBT+ but who they want to be, no matter what that was. That being said, I wholely support all of their wishes to live as someone who they can identify with pride.

If people don’t see agree with these views of the manga, for any reasons, don’t read it. Don’t also rate it low just because you don’t think such existence exists. You don’t represent the world.

EDIT: should there be addition of tags. I mean technically speaking, cross-dressing is what Akira is doing but it doesn’t imply that Akira feels like she is a girl from as long as she remembers. Cross-dressing has a lot of connotations and especially in the manga/anime community we have “traps” which is more of a stigma for certain comedic characters which definitely isn’t what Akira is standing for.

Users who are viewing this thread