Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 18 Ch. 152 - The Girlfriend and Lies (Part 5)

Double-page supporter
we all know that when a girl say 'i'm fine',it means she want to fucking kill you for asking that question

Dex-chan lover
c’mon folks, narratively we need a low spot before resolving this properly.

the real let-down will be if, post-wake, we don’t see Mizuhara realise how much Kazuya has grown and have some character growth of her own. Go look at Kazuya at the start of this: he’s a loser, he’s a creep and he gets told off for it. This manga is good because he’s not a static harem protagonist, he’s growing into a worthwhile man. He’s not there yet: gotta stop leading the other girls along and all that, but we can at least see why they might find him worth their time.

We could even see Kazuya start to move on and an arc of Mizuhara realising what she’s passed up on. Of course, if they don’t get together at the end it’ll be a betrayal worse than Fuutarou not marrying Itsuki, but narratively speaking Mizuhara moving on from her original goal towards something focussed on what she truly wants and having to work to make Kazuya a part of that would be satisfying. Then again, conventions of the genre mean she doesn’t get to become the point of view character so if it happens it’ll feel rushed: the fast forward finale.

Finally i found a Roberto Gagliardini in manga life. No skill, no unique characteristic, no maturity to be a man.

Dex-chan lover
"we don’t see Mizuhara realise how much Kazuya has grown"

HAH we have a comedian here.

To be fair, Kazuya has grown quite a bit. You guys overblow the hate on him way too much. Not that it's not warranted a lot of the times, but it's pretty exaggerated.

Even after the death of her last relative (because biodaddy abandoned her), Chizuru still doesn't let her emotions go to the surface. That attitide will bite her in the future.

Kazuya will get enough of her bs soon. I think Yaemori fucked up a little with that advice though. If he gets rejected, i know who i'm going to blame for that outcome. Still best wingwoman.

This was a disappointing chapter, really. The guy waited for her a whole night after setting up the movie for the grandma and even asked her to rely on him and got this response? Maybe she is in shock, but I get that he left her alone. That is what she wanted. I think it's enough, he has dedicated and done way too much for her.

Power Uploader
@zips I respect that seemless jab at hideous ending of gotoubun, with it's nonsense choice, lol.
@ss4chris somebody asked similar question some time ago, no, I'm not the same person from that old dnk sever, I don't even know what dnk server is, sorry :(

Okay. Just rage rage rage.

Having to even ask if she’s alright is so ridiculous. Mizuhara needs to trust in kazuya more and to believe that it’s okay to rely on people again.

At this point kazuya really should just move on from her. After all he's done for her and she still wouldn't open up to him. If this is real life, i bet most boys would just go for ruka. I mean it's fun to have someone you love, but to be loved that much could mean more. But ofc author wouldn't let ruka wins and prolong the story until they got together.

It would be nice if mami shows up and have a talk with mizuhara. It's been so long.

Fed-Kun's army
@anpandu well, Mizuhara talked about a wake (i.e. a ceremony that precedes a funeral), so... yeah, she is.

Users who are viewing this thread