Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 20 Ch. 169 - The (Provisional) Girlfriend and the Hot Springs

Double-page supporter
this relationship should've ended at chapter 50 in the karaoke man

Creo q está llamando a kazuya por qué se enteró q hubo un cliente q tuvo una queja así q no se hagan ilusiones porque al final va a decir esto hola misujara hola entra kazuya kazuya con cara de mongol misujara me han contanto q hay una queja de un cliente en la película kazuya a si verdad luego van a hablar del tema yo creo q eso harán por eso no se hagan ilusiones con una cita ya saben el creador siempre se fuma uno de los verdes

Dex-chan lover
Not sure why the hate Ruka gets? She's at least honest with herself unlike another certain female character some simp for.

Why the hate on Ruka? She has basically no freaking reason to like the guy since he literally didn't do a thing for her since the beginning, but at least she's direct and true.
This manga makes no sense anyway.

@HammerU89 the actual thing is that she AIN'T honest to herself. She convinces herself she "loves" Kazuya because of a really retarded reason (muh dokidoki) that started because Kazuya accidentally groped her in the metro entrance and ended in a suggestive position after saving her from falling downstairs from the pedestrian overpass a bit later. I really think the bpm raise was out of utter shame, and because she is a desperate girl with a meme bradycardia that makes her feel she's like a robot, she deluded herself those dokidokis were out of love.

Power Uploader
@gimmick92 that made me check if my memory was correct...
It was actually Chapter 25 where she blackmailed him into becoming his girlfriend - after he confessed his interest in Mizuhara to Ruka in Ch. 23.
Damn this really is a trainwreck for running so long, and I hate that I return here every week.
But, since I'm writing: I feel like Ruka is a textbook example of a narcissist, thats manipulative and emotionally abusive. Bringing shit like "You don't understand a womans heart", when she's previously always forcing everything on him...
And she's still underage? WTF?

(I fear I am not being very coherent)

Finally, Kazuya is going to admit some feelings. Hopefully Ruka can be let off the hook soon, it sucks (more so annoying) seeing her trying hopelessly to get Kazuya to love her even though he's already in love with somebody else.

Dex-chan lover
People legit asking why ruka the blackmailer isn't liked? The people here donate to twitch streamers don't they...

Dex-chan lover
DUMP RUKA YOU SELFISH BASTARD... She may be annoying, but doesn't deserve being the second wife

@ss4chris Probably. I have a fear the main conflict (the lie) will be solved in a really anticlimactic way and the epilogue will be a rushed mess in which they'll jump straight to a timeskip in which Chizuya are going steady. But shit will hit the fan to the point it's gonna be NSFW nevertheless. The climax arc, even though it's going to be short, is surely going to be intense.

Chapters's pace since 165 has been strangely fast.

I just remembered that it's almost been a year since @miniiiiiia started translating Kanokari
Together with Sankeri editing her group Kanojo Okarishimasu Scans put out her first release(chapter 121 where Mini confronts Chizuru) in Christmas Eve of 2019 almost a whole year ago, man time sure flies.
Before that we were at the mercy of Jet Yau who were slow and put a lot of memes in their scans and were a lot more liberal in general. Heck at first they intentionally delayed the chapters for 3 weeks before my dude Sonic(@SteamedBunInvasion) sniped them for 3 weeks(after which they quickly released all 3 remaining chapters and caught up).

Anyways, some time after that henry(think his name here was @harou right?) joined as editor too and then after a while the project was taken up by Black Cat, which might have not happened if she didn't start translating it for months.
Back then Black Cat didn't have as many projects as now, things have really changed.

It's been a long ride since 2017. In the early days we had to satisfy ourselves with summaries from bakadata and raws and the occasional translated chapter from @SilverHelios. In 2018 Jet Yau picked it up and translated it for a year and a half, but of course that came with tons of baggage, still it was better than just looking at raws and reading summaries.
Then the anime got announced some time in 2019.
And then came minia and Black Cat in late 2019 and early 2020. Anime aired in 2020 and now we have a second season coming.
2020 has been a rough year but Kanokari brightened up my week every week, here's to a better 2021.

You guys who picked up the manga after watching the anime should really appreciate Black Cat's fast and quality releases more. You have no idea how painful it was to wait for days on end for a translated chapter that usually was heavily rewritten anyways and you have no idea how painful it was to wait for a group to pick it up in the first place after the whole scanlation community basically wasn't interested in translating it at first because of the subject matter and how touchy a lot of western manga/anime fans get.
Still I wouldn't change a thing. I've been reading it for all these years and while it's been rough(whether it was the manga's pacing, boring parts of the story or the usual waiting for translation issues etc.) it's also been a great experience, an experience that you simply can't get by binging through it after watching the anime.

@SNKY @harou @JakalDX whole Black Cat crew I wish you all an early Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
And of course can't forget my guy @NotJim99 and his Dekinai Scans group who translated a bunch of the bonus chapters and omake as well as would often translate a bunch of minutia from Reiji's twitter on /a/
Send @miniiiiiia regards from /a/ and hope she's doing well
Happy holidays to all you guys here too!

I'll leave you guys with a classic collage of our favorite couple from /a/
Cheers!
63tyxx.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread