Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 20 Ch. 172 - The Girlfriend and the Date (?) (Part 2)

Did everyone just rage quit when Mizuhara said the thing about other clients cuz y'all are way too mad over it when they went to lunch anyways LOL

Dex-chan lover
@Goius37
"When in Rome, do as the Romans do" is a common proverb, it usually means one should do what is customary or typical in a particular place or setting, I believe Kazuya said "When in Rome" in that speech bubble because after Shizuru explained why she ordered the wine, he went with the flow and asked for a beer for himself, I agree it doesn't feel very well placed there

FuuuuuUUUUUUCK. She's drunk, he confesses to her, maybe she confesses to him, either way she forgets it happened because she's drunk. Mark it. That's what's going to happen. Not a big revelation to those who have followed and are frustrated by the lack of progression, but I can almost promise that this is what's going to happen and progression is going to hard reset. I guess there's maybe a shot that something real comes from this given that Mizuhara had that conversation involving Kazuya's feelings for her, but come the fuck on like anyone is holding their breath for that.

I think what makes the non-progression so frustrating is that even if this series has devolved into nothing but a cash grab, there is still PLENTY of story to write and all sorts of narrative potential while not keeping the characters in the same damn place for 3 fucking years. Even if their relationship goes mostly smoothly (or smoothly enough), there's still plenty to write about to keep this slice-of-life and light romantic comedy and all that. If there was actually something building in this incessant start-and-stop or that it was indicative of some part of the meta-narrative, then that would be great, but there is no evidence that there is a greater plan at play or that there's a fucking point to how drunk Mizuhara is almost assuredly going to throw a monkey wrench into what is developing and waste any potential of what could be/come of this current little arc or w/e. It's just a little ironic that carrying on with stifling progress and more or less resetting the story to square one could actually be a device for progression. This could be handled as a commentary on life, Japanese society, any elements of society and the human experience that are largely universal, etc. And then you can drag out them not confessing to each other for literal years as dude has been because you're still telling a meaningful and in-depth story, even if it's not exactly what people are expecting. But yeah, nothing is happening and it really seems like the mangaka is subtly warning us that nothing is going to be happening again, and nothing will come of this date stuff, or Mini telling Mizuhara about Kazuya's feelings, or any of that.

But my stupid ass will be back next week, hoping my prediction is wrong but bracing for the likelihood that it isn't.

@Dokja1234 If you were to be true then she should have laughed. Thats what you would do if someone doesn't get your sarcasm. But well I guess Reiji thinks different about this.

Dex-chan lover
So long my comment friends, this manga is too boring for me now, every week is the same thing, Mami the only character that seemed to have a future was off screened after months being put away. So I will give this manga some time, fare thee well my friends, I hope that this is a more joyful trip for you than it was for me

@Bestgirl_Ruka About your "reading ahead" post

Mami shows up and confesses, begs for a 2nd chance. Kaz chooses Mami over Chizuru
You don't know how many people will ragequit the series or reviewbomb it here if such a thing happens at the end. Unless it's a drama plot which ends with Kazuya having a love epiphany and dumps Mami with a similar excuse and runs to Chizuru ofc.

Dex-chan lover
The good thing is that we got a liiiiiitle bit of progress. The bad thing is that Kazuya's monologues are as infuriating as usual (if not more) and the last three chapters could have been easily a single one.

Well thats unexpected turn of events. And kazuya simping never gets old. The progress is as clear as Sumi's cute face on that page and I'm lovin it!!

@Goius37

"Focaccio" is what Saizeriya calls their focaccia. Per https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%82%AB%E3%83%83%E3%83%81%E3%83%A3, "ファミリーレストランのガスト、サイゼリヤ、ココスなどで類似の商品を提供している。サイゼリヤでの商品名は「フォッカチオ」である。 " It's literally what Chizuru calls it.

Also, it's not "Italian hamburger meat". It's Italian ハンバーグ, hamburger steak, aka Salisbury Steak (but in this case, "Italian style")

Your complaints lie with Saizeriya.

Also, I didn't know Ron Burgundy uses Mangadex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s7fgdUYCyE

Supporter
Don't mess this up you freaking simp! This is ticket to your graduation from being one of the most simpish characters in manga... Just... Please, don't mess up...

Look, we'll probably get a drunk confession [Mostly not] if not then kazuya at least finds something about chizuru's feelings next chapter or it'll be a waste

I would like to point out to all you guys who call Kazuya a simp..Did you just see the first reaction of Mizuhara when Kazuya asked her for lunch. If you don't then let me remind you, - "What would my clients think..." So what that means is she still thinks of Kazuya as nothing but another client/customer, even though after everything he did for her. He might be awkward and stupid, but it is still extremely rude to consider a guy who literally made her grandma's dying wish + her (actor)dreams come true and gave her a shoulder to cry when she lost her only family as not even the category of a friend but just a client.

You say he's a wuss/sissy, but imagine if this is the reaction of her after everything, then what would happen if he was assertive in earlier chapters...he might have been arrested on her charge of sexual harrasment by now. He didn't even do anything assertive..He just asked for lunch and the first reaction is What would my clients think...

Oh and everyone complaining he already has a great girl Ruka as his girlfriend...The author mentioned this many times before that she is underaged. So stop blaming Kazuya for everything..he is not a pedo

Users who are viewing this thread