Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 20 Ch. 172 - The Girlfriend and the Date (?) (Part 2)

Let me be upfront that, if she wasn't in High School, Ruka would be the best girl.

Having said that, Chizuru is clearly the romantic interest that MC will end up with. She likes him, but wont' admit it. He clearly likes her, but is afraid to admit it on the chance that she'll reject him (which is a stupid reason, but Kazuya is pretty stupid) and won't continue to go on rental dates with him.

The rental date issue is pretty awful. He's building up an emotional attachment here that isn't going to pay off under the terms of the contract. I think that the MC is written this way as a warning to other young men that this behavior is awful and won't lead anywhere. Ruka’s whole speech on that is pretty spot on.

In fact, to underscore this point, it would work better if Chizuru ended up rejecting Kazuya and he had to grow up, find someone new or commit to Ruka/Sami, gain a realization of what his problems were, and actually work on a relationship with the new main girl. That might actually be a learning moment for the simps in real life.

But who writes like that?

Dex-chan lover
@boombler you and me both. all these idiots complaining about shit. It aint gonna change whats actually gonna happen at all. so they should nut up or shut up.

Fed-Kun's army
wait if he's been renting chizuru for almost 2 years how isnt ruka out of high school yet? wasnt she a third year? or maybe i just assumed she was since any younger and itd be kinda bad looking

Chapters 173 and 174 are going to...

...be the last nail in the Ruka and Mami coffins. Chizuru made the question again!!! And Ch. 174's title preview hints at Kazuya going kamikaze.

jesus christ thats a tldr if i ever saw 1, heres a tldr of mine, kazuya deserves to get cucked (or at least being single for the rest of his life like a simp he is lul

Just wanted to thank the staff for translating this manga as well as its Sumi spin-off manga. It's always my treat for the week to read Rent-a-Girlfriend. Many thanks!

Double-page supporter
Currently in the middle of making MangaDex my main manga site by adding every series I'm currently following to my list.
Glad to see that comment sections on Rent-a-Girlfriend are 90% talking trash about Kazuya no matter where I go :)

(this is sarcasm, in case that wasn't obvious)

@ShycoWar : I've long since noticed that people on Crunchyroll and MangaDex say all sorts of bad things about Rent-a-Girlfriend and yet are back for next week.

This seems to have been happening since the series first came out.

I wish they'd just admit that it's a great manga that does, however, make people uncomfortable because most of this stuff could happen to real people.

Y’know maybe it’s just me but does Kazuya look more like his anime counterpart in this chapter? To me he does

@ThatsSoLove : well, she has strong feelings for Kazuya and he finally asked her out on a real date after them going through a very large amount of stuff together. I would guess she was trying to lower her iron wall so she wouldn't waste their opportunity to finally get in a relationship. It's been a rocky road so far.

Double-page supporter
@Revenant62 Wish I could agree, but let's face it: those people keep coming back just for the sake of having a good laugh at the guy. Because dissing people is fun, I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@ShycoWar : He's definitely a flawed guy, but there's been a lot of character growth in the series for him. I don't think he's a simp, a loser or any of that. The amount of things he's done for Mizuhara, and how well he did them, earned him her heart a long time ago. If he wasn't so awkward and indecisive, they probably would have gotten married by now. It's been a lot of episodes since Umi made his move on Mizuhara, and she turned him down in a heartbeat and thinks only about Kaz.

Aside from her extreme beauty, Mizuhara doesn't really seem like an easy person to impress, with that giant iron wall she hides so well behind her impeccable manners, grace and charm.

Users who are viewing this thread