Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 21 Ch. 178 - The Girlfriend and the Tiger’s Den (Part 3)

I wonder what's gonna be the outcome of that tweet. Its either gonna trigger Mami or be seen by a new girl to drag the story a bit more

Yo! Is Umi being a wingman right now? He really didn't have tell Kazuya those words at all.

Dex-chan lover
You could've just translated "I don't not like you" to "I don't dislike you". Shit would've been less confusing, to be honest.

lets gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dex-chan lover
@plasmamintz I meant in context of translation. Literally no one thinks "I don't not like you" is even close to a good translation.

You could've just translated "I don't not like you" to "I don't dislike you". Shit would've been less confusing, to be honest.
at first it sounds like it is the same thing, but saying "i don't dislike you" is like saying "i don't hate you", whereas "i don't not like you" is closer to "i like you". so i get the translator's choice here

Dex-chan lover
ok who's mini??? (the thing of choosing waifus, bottom of page two)

Double-page supporter
@Pibata it's the girl in chapter 152 (i don't remember the chapter with her 1st appearance she's his neightbour , she also helped kazuya in the movie arc

Umi is not a villain.
He praised Kazuya was the work he did with fundraising. Told him that he must be smart for figuring it out so quickly. Put his picture and twitter handle out there for his 270k followers. I expect Kazuya to get some business helping other people get funding for their films. This will be an important part of Kazuya's growth as a character. Part of his anxiety was seeing his future in running the family liquor store. Getting into movie production was be the cure for that.
When people figure out that he can set, and execute, film budgets, scout locations, manage film sets, chase away cicadas, etc, he'll get more work, and more lucrative work. Not anyone can do this, and most actors/actresses/directors are terrible with money. Film studios NEED people like Kazuya.

Why'd he tell Kazuya "I don't not like him"? He's nudging the relationship along. I think we all agree that it is time to fish or cut bait, and throwing this out, once shared between the two, brought that up. Nothing wrong with that. If Chizuru is uncomfortable with dealing with her feelings towards Kazuya, that's causing him pain. She knows how he feels, and the longer she tries to maintain the status quo, the worse it is for him.

People who view Umi as a villain are projecting their preconceptions on him. This chapter shows that.

Unless of course the gift Umi gave Chizuru was something romantic like a diamond ring. Then I'm an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread