Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 21 Ch. 178 - The Girlfriend and the Tiger’s Den (Part 3)

You defensive simps who think Umi is nothing but pure evil need to sit back, take a deep breath, and read the room.

Umi's worldview is built on maintaining relationships. Is the guy capable of subterfuge and guile? Absolutely. Do we as readers have reason to be suspicious? Absolutely. Is it a guarantee that he's some slimy scumbag looking to destroy the relationship of a girl he likes because she turned down his dinner invitation? Absolutely not.

If he really is who you think he is, then the dude has women raining down from the sky.

Here's what's happening: he's been turned down by a girl for another guy. This probably doesn't happen all that often. He wants to know more about this guy. Umi's looking for attributes and qualities in Kaz that justify Mizuhara turning Umi down. If Kaz was just some random guy at her university, that would hurt his ego. But the fact that Kaz is actually, legitimately good at indie film production means that Umi can leverage his position as an influencer to then gain the benefits of a professional relationship with Kaz, and continue being involved with Mizuhara as well.

There's plenty of slimy ways that this could turn out. I'm not saying there are not ulterior motives... but Christ guys. You're talking about drugging and raping and deep, spiteful vengance over being turned down for dinner. This isn't that type of story.

Worst case scenario? Umi tests both Mizuhara and Kaz's professionalism by inviting them in on a movie project that is very good for Mizuhara's career, while also leveraging Kaz's producer talents. Thing is, the movie is a romance, and will involve a lot of scenes between Umi and Mizuhara that are going to make Kaz go fucking crazy. Kissing scenes? Bedroom scenes? It will be up to Mizuhara to assure Kaz that her heart is only for one person. It will be very spicy drama, but ultimately true to their feelings for one another, because that's what this manga is about: the two main characters proving themselves to each other.

Dex-chan lover
@SveNo Don't worry. Mami will get bored and leave you in a month. OTOH, she'll try to break you and your next girlfriend up.

TF i didnt understand why did she blush is it because kazuya said it to mizuhara or is it because she remembered it saying it to umi???
Could someone explain??

@Sukuna-sama

Definitely because she remembers saying it to Umi. She was referring to Kazuya when she said it to Umi and now she knows Umi told Kazuya about it so she blushed because she likes Kazuya. When he asked "maybe you have some idea" that's what triggered it because the guy who she was referring to is the one who asked.

@ammatrax

You're offended I called you a "loon"? xD It's because the stuff you say like "Kazuya acts like how a wife beater would" is completely loony to any sane person reading this manga.

Lol WHY do you think he only cares about seeing Chizuru naked when he has never done anything of the sort to accomplish that goal? And since when does 'simping' for someone make you a bad person?

I really think you are being blinded by your hatred for the character so you are twisting him in your mind to make him into something he is not.

@Chiibihime

Not offended by the word, but can't you just debate without insulting anyone. And don't give me that "if you're not offended then why do you see it as an insult", new flash buddy, you can defined the word as an insult with context without being offended by it. In fact, seeing people insult me due to my comments only confirms me what I said has more ground than their comments. You could've said "that comment is dumb", but you decided to target me.

And yes, I hate the MC, a spineless wimp who have not changed at all in the story. There's a saying "love the work not the company", Simping is loving the company and unconditional love is loving the work. I despise and pitty people who loves the company, I have more respect for people who loves the work. spineless wimps and simps leave a bad taste in my mouth.

The premise of the MC using a rental gf services alone makes him a degenerate in the first place, if he hasn't change much from his anxiety at this point I doubt he has changed from his degeneracy. do you really think the MC would like the FeMC if she doesn't have that superstar model look.

I'll be hypocritical once for this, you have forgetting one detail about this piece of shit MC you dipshit, HE FUCKING JACKED OF TO THE SHOWER SOUND OF THE FeMC WHEN HER GRANDMOTHER DIED, don't tell me that's not degenerate because that's the one of the top 10 of being a degenerate piece of shit. that shit fucking disgust me to the highest level. I suggest he should be arrested for this act alone.

I've seen someone suffered due to them being spineless which resulted in suicide and that shit pisses me off to the max. don't even go after my life and how I am reflecting lol. I have two bread winner parents, my dad who is against misogynistic tradition (selling someone's daughter to the groom) and say things like "just because you are a dude does not mean you should not do any simple and mandatory house chores". My mom don't take shit from people who tries to berate her. Hell, I even made someone's nose in bleed in primary school because that mother fucker was tryna fuck up my costume before the school fair presentation, I guess I took after my mother.

To clarify, you're "insults" don't offend me, the degeneracy of this MC is the one that pisses me off. so don't flatter yourself.

Wow!!! Amazing call back to a previous line this chapter. Chef’s kiss. “...I don’t not like him, either”. Original line occurred in Volume 15, chapter 127, pg.12 (within Mangadex site).

@Bestgirl_Ruka

I fully understand your point of view, my wife beating comments might be dumb to other's but I wrote this comment with the context of witnessing a tragedy of someone being wife beater and knowing the wife beater's degenerate reasons.

maybe if I haven't witnessed it, I would've had different opinions about the insecurity of the MC

@Eybex

You are exactly right.
I dont think Umi is the bad guy here.
...and considering how long its taken Kaz to confess...Umi would be right to ask Chizuru out again.
Wasnt the Movie premier like 6 months ago in this timeline? He practically owes it to himself to at least try.

Also
What do you think of RaGF having a Berserk style twist ending?
I feel like if Miura were the Mangaka here we'd still be on chapter 50, but it would be very interesting.
Not everyone dying but maybe a twist no one saw coming...like Mami being Bestgirl. 🧐

Users who are viewing this thread