Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 6 Ch. 42 - The Unsuitable Girlfriend 2

And then you learn that the most worthwhile moment of the whole chapter is a re-write. Please keep improving this trash. It's far more than it deserves.

Dex-chan lover
@arimareiji
Your fault for thinking the autism wasn't about the MC being hated as he usually is. Thanks for exposing your thoughts tho.

@Foampunch

Thanks for clearing that translation up, I thought the author had become self-aware for a second. I guess that is the issue though... This manga really does seem to have an issue with using the background characters to express how "hot" the random girls are so I totally understand wanting to make fun of it. Yet if you change the actual translation, as a reader I don't know what to think of the author, even with little inconsequential dialog like this.

Essentially, the lame background noise "she's so hot" stuff is important in telling us the author is kinda, I dunno...lazy (to be nice).

What I would do is put in both translation pages. Have the joke page and real page in there.

"I'd let her pee all over me while my sister watch"
Words of wisdom.

Dex-chan lover
so this is the girl i saw in the trailer for the anime

but god the ex is about to be stupid again

Banned
I'm fuckin losing it...
We keep being told that girls are supposedly super-attractive... when they're at their absolute ugliest...
When they're looking awesomely hot, people are actively making NEGATIVE remarks about it...
Oh... and he says her boobs are a bit small when they're EXACTLY THE SAME SIZE AS THE ONES EVERYONE CALLED HUGE.
The translator is a fuckin train-wreck of unwanted ad-hoc bullshit. We're here because we can't read Japanese. Translators exist to bridge that gap... not to just make shit up on the spot in a failed attempt to be funny.

So not only is the protagonist a prolific liar... we're also being lied to constantly by the mangaka AND the translator.
This is too many levels of deception. Losing my patience here, and it isn't even about the protagonist. Everything in the text bubbles is assumed to be false from now on, as well as a good deal of what is shown around them.

At this point, i'll consider it a good thing if they got busted or some shit. I'm tired of this already

the background characters complimenting the girl is extremely getting out of hand to the extent that its getting weird and obnoxious. this series is good so far but what bugsme is about the ‘sex’ part. like, whats up with having sex? is it kind of a common thing to talk about in japan? like you tease someone just because they didnt have sex before? well idk it probably is.

99% sure that the crowd comments are not translated properly judging with my scuffed japanese skills, i assume they are made this nasty intentionally but i don't see why

I get the TL's are trying to characterise and represent informal and rude Japanese speech. Which is difficult because there are often no direct English equivalents, but tone down the fucking memes...

Users who are viewing this thread