Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san - Vol. 13 Ch. 110 - Swimming at the Beach

Fed-Kun's army
Why are people even assuming if such and such should be common knowledge? I knew she mouth “I love you” but I did not remember the syllables for it. I bet there are many people who are new or don’t know much Japanese would find the TL note useful as well. The note is also near the last page, how is it obstructive in any ways?

TSP has always been informative and less of a meme-y scanlation group (those would insert shitty jokes every few pages) so I always find them a good standard to be set for other groups.

Though, I do disagree with choosing “island food” over “watermelon” even if it’s forced. My stance on translation is “translate it as close to the original author’s intention as you can”. In this case, he chose to go with “watermelon” so the TL should’ve be watermelon. As translator we should reflect any mistakes and errors the original has; if we change or remove it then aren’t we writing the story itself already? It’s a common thing in JP game localizations and it made me furious that translators sometimes rewrite scripts so that “it’s better” while completely destroy the original intention. Those people should just go become writers instead.

(You guys at TSP are cool tho, it’s just a minor change so I don’t mind)

Dex-chan lover
I don't think we've ever been introduced to Takagi's high ponytail haired friend, right? We've seen her a few times but not names so far.

@izumabakumatsu
I actually mentioned this in a very early comment, her name is Sumire Takagawa. Her name was also introduced in one of the end credits of Season 2 of the anime.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation and the translation notes. Those little excepts talking about the lingual curiousities that go into translating this are really interesting.

Fed-Kun's army
I really enjoy reading translator notes. It's really interesting to read. I wish it was more common.

Dex-chan lover
I always like to see the process that goes behind translating, especially in those kind of wordplay situations.

Users who are viewing this thread