Karate Survivor in Another World - Vol. 7 Ch. 44 - Fishing Village Canteen

Dex-chan lover
I think Yajin's gonna try a bit harder to lay low. Not only do nobles have a grip on the village for its fish, if he intervened in some way would only put a bigger mark on his head. He still sticks out, likely due to that god classifying him as a type of goblin (which I think in part contributes to himans being hostile towards him), so he might go stealth after "resolving" this situation

Dex-chan lover
Yajin has gained the new title "orphan maker" effect of this title when up against parents you get a 5% boost in XP You get a 5% bonus if you kill them right in front of their child

Fed-Kun's army
What's his level? At the beginning these was a lot of talk about levels and the limit at 15.
Presumably, He passed it, after the fight against that weird monster, don't remebmer the name.
Nevertheless, we haven't seen his level or any mention after that, so is he past 15 or not?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What's his level? At the beginning these was a lot of talk about levels and the limit at 15.
Presumably, He passed the it, after the fight against that weird monster, don't rembmer the name.
Nevertheless, we haven't seen his level or any mention after that, so is he past 15 or not?
Before he killed Gary he was level 19, and he leveled up his sense presence skill during the fight, so he might have already broken through the level 20 ceiling. I haven't read the light novel though, so can't say more than what has been revealed in the manga.

Dex-chan lover
This man is insanely unlucky, like literally what are the chances that every place he goes to he finds some sort of trouble LMAO

Dex-chan lover
Man, civilization in this world just ain't worthwhile is it? My man Yajin just wanted to come try out some fish food he heard was good. Is it so much to ask?

Dex-chan lover
... None of you guys are mentioning the sick wife.

I wonder if there'll be a case of NTR happening.

Banned
Giving sensei my meanest swarthoid stare for not letting our guy rest for at least two (2) chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
Actually, this is getting tiresome dude, it's like a Dungeon Master not knowing what to do after their players went murder hobo because they made them do it, so they keep throwing more and more people at their players in hope for something new to happen. He doesn't even level up, which would be the saving grace if at least it felt like he got stronger

Dex-chan lover
Then again the manga is still set at a medieval-like era, meaning there should be at least some cultures with values surpassing those induced by hunter-gatherer xenophobia or the idea of murdering your way through life.

IRL some medieval cultures (like in those central Asia and even the middle east) were actually known for their hospitality, with inter-tribe wars more often breaking over politicking and stuff like marriage disputes rather than just xenophobia.
In/Out morality still applies in larger groups, but becomes more complicated as it applies to sub-groups, sub-sub groups, the main group, etc. Even as modern countries/empires operate on a global scale. An example would be the US uniting to fight Nazi Germany, while also holding racial biases at home, having competition between the army/navy/air force, defending france while also mocking the french for surrendering, etc..

While Karate Survivor doesn't spend time explicitly looking at these ideas it is implicit in the story. Every town has a hierarchy with some thugs in charge, a bunch of the regular citizens competing with each other and sometimes doing crimes, but overall the place doesn't collapse. There are enough members of the "in group" to hold social strata together.

Dex-chan lover
this fucker cant go a day without having to fight a whole town

Users who are viewing this thread