Kaya-chan wa Kowakunai - Vol. 6 Ch. 35 - Chie-sensei isn't scary

Dex-chan lover
I guess in the case of Kaya, she was born mostly (or all) spectre as her soul. So, there is no "human Kaya" - there is only Kaya as she is.
I would not be surprised if it turns out that Kaya was technically stillborn, so when the specter came in to the body in the womb it was the only thing left in the body - hence as you said Kaya was always Kaya from the beginning.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if the lack of humanity is less a result of the spectre and more a case of how the priestess is raised. Kind of nature vs nurture thing. If the eldest daughter are raised strictly to play out a certain role within the family it could result in them failing to develop a proper sense of empathy and emotions. Meanwhile Kaya has been brought up like an ordinary kid.
You right. But she's still young, so we will see how this turns out.

Dex-chan lover
Seeing her body all limp and lifeless hit pretty hard, I gotta say :meguuusad:. I continue to be suckered in by the cute art and completely thrown by the horror

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand, when he said Kaya family have spectre, does he mean Kaya family like her grandmother is originally a human but because she have special powers, her soul turning into a spectre little by little, and for Kaya's case her soul is now fully spectre because she uses her power since she's little?

Or did he mean they have this one big spectre as a "pet" and this spectre is taking over Kaya's family like her grandmother and Kaya by replacing their soul with its spectre part little by little?
Probably the latter. The spectre is used to boost their ghost fighting ability at the cost of giving up humanity. In kaya's case the spectre seemed to have embodied an empty vessel.

Users who are viewing this thread