Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja - Vol. 8 Ch. 42

Dex-chan lover
Woah there. Nobody needs to get uppity over background character details like that.

For the record @SuperOniichan is right, even if things turn out to change later. I don't see anything that is unusual in terms of close female-female relations which in modern Asian culture we often humorously play up as homo. That can of course still turn into something more real...or then again not. Basically to me it's pretty neutral.

On that note and also on the basis that it's hardly the focus of the chapter, was it really worth taking into a drawn out mudfight? I don't think so. Maybe it's titillating for you two, but if we argued over every hand holding or peck in manga, we'd have pages of drivel consisting of endless arguments between fans. Wait, we actually do.....so let's not do that here too.

Seems like Kenja was quite literal. She does actually know...maybe even main....as a senjutsu user. Her summoner job may actually be an extra class. Unless I missed/forgot some other detail about her class.

Dex-chan lover
@DLRevan Well, whether it is genuinely innocent, intentionally ambiguous, or "implied" in any way, I think anyone can read it however they want. Perhaps the anime adaptation will help us better understand the author's intentions, or at least preferences. For example, I know of several titles that gets or lost the yuri tag during adaptation.

Dex-chan lover
Only in a game you could get a universal negative status immunity from a random NPC. You would think only a deity could grant such a thing. A grandmaster enchanter might be able to create a full set of equipment covering most of it, though it would depend on the game how resistant it was; could be pesky 15% in the most spartan game or jolly 100% in a more casual one. However, it's pretty hard to even imagine a game where some NPC arbitrarily gave you 100% against everything. Game balance and all that. In the first place, since when were fairies themselves so super resistant to magic/elements?

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme If that protection is potentially infinite and / or protects against literally everything, then yes. Otherwise, I think it doesn't sound so imbalanced.

Double-page supporter
@SuperOniichan I'm pretty sure there's a line in the LN that @DLRevan might be able to confirm about Marianne already considering Mira to be her spouse. Not sure how you can spin that as "ambiguous" at least from her side. How Mira feels will have to be elaborated on.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan : It's probably not, it looks to be "for X period" type of buff, which she renewed in ch 34 (that 'once again')

It's basically the case for why with given time summoners can be quite OP in this system: They are the ultimate jack of all trades.
If the summoner have large enough variance in their summons to cover every situation (combat, healing, scouting, etc), they can do everything with enough MP.

The issues are how long it take to get strong enough to contract all of them AND how long it takes to complete each contract.

The ceiling for them is basically how OP the summons they can contract are.

@whimsicat wasn't the game she was playing on completely open ended MMO? I thought they had the power to do just about anything and even created their own spells? Or was I thinking about another LN GenderBender character lol

Dex-chan lover
@KoDoge As I said, it doesn't matter. If you like to read their relationship this way, then no problem. Personally, I prefer not to speculate, but you are unique people with your own opinion. At least the Japanese wiki does not give any assessment of their relationship at all.

@WhimsiCat Well, as far as I understand, this dude wasn't "particularly" skilled. If this "handholding defense" could protect against the attack of a theoretical space demiurge, then I would raise an eyebrow, yes.

@averageacat Do you even know at least one isekaed in MMO that doesn't have the power of an OP player, lol? Although I am not familiar with SAO, so I am not aware of Kirito's powers.

Fed-Kun's army
but in true summoner in RPG irl game is not OP at all, they usually weak and an easy target....when they got too strong get nerf right away next update, not like other class that will nerf after several update
but it truely an jack-of-all-trades class...

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan - in SAO, Kirito isn't particularly overpowered or showered with unusual ability. He is simply one of the best virtual swordsmen, but there are enough people who can rival him.
Of course, it looks totally unfair when he fights people who are a lot lower level than he is, but it would work like that in any RPG where power scales with level.

@DLRevan - it seems that her power as a superpowered martial artist is ordinary for a player of her level. While her summons make countries panic, eradicate dungeons, and are otherwise worth at least a small army.

Dex-chan lover
@flannan So when people complained to me that he is a "typical OP protagonist for male fantasy" was it mostly far from a neutral point of view?

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan Yes, indeed. If it only lasts for a time and furthermore can be saturated if Mira is bombarded with enough magic, then it's certainly reasonable. I guess I was a bit too hasty in criticising it.

Dex-chan lover
@DLRevan Mira is mainly a Summoner, but senjutsu is her second class and she is the only one who knows how to get a sub-class. Which made her as Dumbulf known to be able to fight at the front lines which summoners normally cant. Also Mira was actually asked in the novels if she is in love with Marianne which she confirmed and Marianne sees Mira already as her spouse. There isnt room for interpretation as long it wont get changed. Also I didnt even saw that as a mudfight.

Regarding about the buff from Marianne: It is only active for 3 days and the buff differs between fairies. Also every fairy can give just to the person the buff they "bonded" with and for them its a 1 time thing in their whole life and the effects of the buff will never change.
Then the point of the strength of summoners .... they have a really high hurdle of entry and reaching certain levels of summoning is also much harder than others. The only ones known to have even remotely similar problems (when it comes to high ranking users) are necromancer. Summons need much more time, effort and even some form of luck to get the summons and after that even more work and time to make these "weak" summons strong. MC burned so much ingamemoney and effort that normal people in this world could live like kings for the rest of their lives.

Because of that MC is incredible strong, but even if other summoner can reach the same point, they can most of the time easy defeated if they get the summoner just once. Its basically the class for the people without a life. (and even then a high level mage can nuke most of your summons into oblivion anyway)

Dex-chan lover
@Dragou Then why does the Japanese wiki only mention her as Mira's servant? The Japanese wiki always mentions if the title is yuri or has yuri content, since their anime articles are written by actual Japanese otaku.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan because there was no kissing until now and no sexual content. Besides I go from the source material, which is much more valid than people who wrote the wiki. Also not everything with yuri in it has the yuri tag if there no actual kissing or sexual scenes (which isnt everything btw). Like "I Don't Really Get It, but It Looks Like I Was Reincarnated in Another World", where the MC is also literally stated beeing only interested in woman and doesnt have the yuri tag.

Dex-chan lover
@Dragou Of course, in return, I trust the Japanese more than you, lol. It doesn't work that way. Are you claiming that they are canonically in love with each other and canonically consider themselves spouses and at the same time it does not have a tag just because there is no sexual content? Look, can you even find the quote and scene you're linking to?

No? Write me the Japanese name of this LN, I will check on Japanese resources and stores.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan

賢者の弟子を名乗る賢者 if you need the japanese characters and you can go to syosetu where the direct chapters from the author are. That can help you greatly ... oh and for the scene I would need to review several hundred chapters and would take a while.

Users who are viewing this thread