Kingdom - Ch. 794 - Leaving The Roots Intact

Group Leader
Do we happen to know if Shi-Ryou is actually dead, or just appears so (by losing consciousness or something)?
She's dead for real, the reason why the Seika General didn't kill her was because her wounds were already fatal and she would bleed out.

Aggregator gang
I am a little bit confused why was he acting like he had a ace in the hole, if he only had to flee from battle. This instead proof that unlike his established image (of him being an optimal strategist) he is completely unaware of what was happening. He didn't even gave one single command during this whole fight...

Dex-chan lover
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was Riboku's plan against Ousen simply to distract Shin off the side and to send a new super soldier straight down the middle to Ousen?
I can't remember if there were more nuances to the fight, but it feels like it was that simple. Distract Shin, send Shibashou or whatever his name was, then win.

Dex-chan lover
I thought historically this battle was more of an equal fight? This was one sided slaughter. And it wasn't even because of Reeboks tactical prowess really, Shibashou just carried the entire fight from the moment he appeared.

This arc shows the limitation of Hara's writing ability for battle scnario.

He needed Ousen to lose big because that was what happened in history but could not come up with a good scenario for it. First Akou took the obvious bait from Riboku throwing whatever grand plan Ousen might had out the window and he could not improvise. When SBS and his army attacked Ousen's army and proved to be stronger than anticipated, instead of ordering a retreat to regroup and cut his his loss, Ousen bet everything on a huge and very risky life/death gamble that not only Souou and Akou would reach him in time but they will be able to beat SBS even though he had no info on SBS's max strength and did not actually have any backup plan in the event they failed.

In short, Ousen lost this big in mere half a day because he acted out of character by taking a gamble when the odds were very much against him with predictably disastrous results.

And through this, Ousen did not even wield his glaive and the only things he had to say were "I win" only to look like an idiot after and concern for Denrimi who had not done anything impressive onscreen.

Bad arc overall. If not for his feats from previous arcs, Ousen would be a fraud. I get that Hara has a limited number of brilliant battle strategies and tactics he could come up with and has to save them for later arcs but come on.

Ousen is on Fraud Watch. Kanki's tactics were underhanded, but extremely clever, proving himself to be a truly exceptional general. I expected this to be a full 4d chess battle since Ousen's been hyped up so much, but he pretty much got washed here entirely. If he doesn't pay Zhao back tenfold then he's literally just a fraud LOL

Dex-chan lover
I know it's following history and stuff but goddamn I'm so ready to just be done with Zhao and Riboku by now. Instead, we're gonna have another "regroup and try again" arc
let's be honest there proobably isn't going to be any drama left after Riboku gets killed/captured. the only other big country left at that point is Chu and their generals seem like dorks

Double-page supporter
will this series ever end lmao?

how many years has it been on zhao? and it's the very first of 6 other states. if they all take this long...

Dex-chan lover
You guys are forgetting there are two other wings currently fighting. While I dont think they will achieve a battle victory they could land a blow poweful enough to consider this battle an even one. I doubt the right wing will do much of anything since they are heavily outnumbered and Shin was distracted so that leaves Yotanwa.

If the Yotanwa army is at all successful id consider this a draw. They liberate Hango (?) and the prisoners and spin it via spies/information network that was this battles ultimate goal.

Dex-chan lover
I'm officially off the Ousen train with this one, fellas.

LVIh9c2.jpeg

Group Leader
This arc shows the limitation of Hara's writing ability for battle scnario.

He needed Ousen to lose big because that was what happened in history but could not come up with a good scenario for it. First Akou took the obvious bait from Riboku throwing whatever grand plan Ousen might had out the window and he could not improvise. When SBS and his army attacked Ousen's army and proved to be stronger than anticipated, instead of ordering a retreat to regroup and cut his his loss, Ousen bet everything on a huge and very risky life/death gamble that not only Souou and Akou would reach him in time but they will be able to beat SBS even though he had no info on SBS's max strength and did not actually have any backup plan in the event they failed.

In short, Ousen lost this big in mere half a day because he acted out of character by taking a gamble when the odds were very much against him with predictably disastrous results.

And through this, Ousen did not even wield his glaive and the only things he had to say were "I win" only to look like an idiot after and concern for Denrimi who had not done anything impressive onscreen.

Bad arc overall. If not for his feats from previous arcs, Ousen would be a fraud. I get that Hara has a limited number of brilliant battle strategies and tactics he could come up with and has to save them for later arcs but come on.
and Riboku is a typical genius character written by an idiot author.

FtLJAFjX0AI76_8.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Don't worry guys this is just ousen baiting reebok and sbs into charging after them all the while ordo and yan army who ousen colluded with beforehand is now rampaging in seika rear gate, but well that's just my fiction lol

Users who are viewing this thread