Kiraware Majo Reijou to Dansou Ouji no Kon'yaku - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Light and Shadow

Dex-chan lover
...I agree that they can't just adopt anyone.
But having a son with weaker light magic shouldn't really matter because they would at least doesn't need to destroy their daughter's life too. The daughter can just pretend that she's weaker than the new son. But that's apparently impossible for the trash king.

Her and her brother's magic was revealed in a ceremony that was public enough that the king had to silence nobles.
So trying to pretend she's weaker won't work and will likely backfire with more backstab-y noble using that as a call that the king is trying to abuse his power to break tradition or such.

Generally these setting is such that the king isn't absolute and enough nobles throwing their leverages around has to be taken seriously.

Dex-chan lover
Yes! Claim your wife!

And yikes, that's one creepy arranged marriage. Presumably she had to pretend to be male as woman can't accend the throne so daddy picked out one of his close political allies to pimp his little girl to.

Dex-chan lover
One thing that I don't like about this manga (and a lot of yuri have this problem) is that they don't fucking know how to write male character except as antagonistic to the yuri relationship... I wonder if it's the same with female characters in yaoi. Can't they do like in Bloom into You where there's dude that are friends with the couple and don't give a shit about their relationship??

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes you need to be a Kingslayer, this is one of them. And sometimes you also need to kill a Queen who doesn't give enough f*s about her daughter's well-being that she's to call her father out on her bull**. I don't know how you could love a pair of dillweeds like that.

Dex-chan lover
Damn this episode a bit, this gl chapter took a while. I really missed it 😢

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dex-chan lover
I still say just use dark magic to create a work phallus and testicles. Then it will be a real magic baby.

Dex-chan lover
YOU FUCKING GO GIRL! We are further solidifying that men in a yuri series just don't mix all that well.

Dex-chan lover
Says the one who banish his own son for the sake of political agenda crap
What a shitty king and failure of a parent
I really wish to see him get the karma

Dex-chan lover
It has already happened so adding one more secret wouldn't make much difference. And it's much less severe than swapping kids and banishing one of them.

And this happen with 'only' the brother having dark magic (since Ciel is still the heir designate)

Imagine how far they'll push if the king try your solution, even more so since they can use religion to back their claim.

Dex-chan lover
And this happen with 'only' the brother having dark magic (since Ciel is still the heir designate)

Imagine how far they'll push if the king try your solution, even more so since they can use religion to back their claim.
...hmm too bad that we don't know how accurate can those nobles measure Ciel's light magic power. Because if it's not really accurate the king can just lie to these nobles.

Users who are viewing this thread