Kisaragi-san wa Gankoukeikei - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - Memories for them alone.

Dex-chan lover
why .........i mean it had a wholesome feel to it .....never seemed boring ...why do you do this to us axe kun:qq::qq:

Double-page supporter
I am so sad this is getting axed! Why are they doing this 😭 This manga was legitimately good. Kisaragi and Satou are much better characters than many run-of-the-mill romance protags. I will mourn for the loss of this manga…I love romances with women like Kisaragi

Thanks for translating this through to the end!

Dex-chan lover
Bro I feel like there are so many smaller, lesser-known romcoms that get Heisei confession-at-the-end endings just cos the author has to rush due to the axe. I mean there's nothing wrong with keeping this on the shorter side with a confession now and an end at chapter 50.

Dex-chan lover
I ain’t bothering with the final chapter I guess. I’d honestly prefer mangakas to just make a statement saying it’s not carrying on and leave it at that. I’d prefer it to rushing an ending with the most cookie cutter confession, like it was seen a mile away.

I wasn’t that into this story but still sucks to see.

Dex-chan lover
Lets be real, it probably doesn't help that a big portion of the audience that likes this manga is reading it for free in another country...sad to see the series go :( I wanted to see more of Kisaragi's beautiful younger brother too
Actually, that doesn't really matter to the editors when there's no official release outside Japan.

Edit: Sorry for doubleposting

Dex-chan lover
Well, better a nice ending in a wholesome plot than a dragged story with unexpected love rivals and unending drama.

Also, I can't be the only one who laughed at the panel with the Choco Banana. Just seemed so amusing. 😅

Dex-chan lover
Lets be real, it probably doesn't help that a big portion of the audience that likes this manga is reading it for free in another country...sad to see the series go :( I wanted to see more of Kisaragi's beautiful younger brother too
While I fully support purchasing and supporting official english releases, the truth is, we are functionally irrelevant in the grand scheme of manga continuations. The numbers on mangadex are a drop in the ocean to what the management of the magazines are looking at.

Even if every single person who ever read a chapter of this online financially supported this manga to the fullest reasonable extent it still would've eaten the axe, even if Kaguya and Komi had never been fantraslated and not a soul on this site had heard of them, they still wouldve gotten an official english release.

Outside of a few specific cases that broke into mainstream(Naruto, Dragonball, etc.) The consistent, non-japanese online manga reading community is maybe a generous handful of hundred thousands, likely far less. The people who make axe decisions are thinking on a scale of millions.

TL;DR English online reading with no support has zero effect on officially published manga and does way more harm to self/indie published or webcomic manga artistes

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
When you thought BOOM!! messed up your confession but she had good ears...

P.S. and seriously final chapter 🤐

Double-page supporter
It wouldn’t be accessible to us any other way though. Stories like these don’t typically get picked up for official translations until they’re proven popular by the Japanese.

Users who are viewing this thread