Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Vol. 22 Ch. 285 - I don't like it, but I'm not against it. That's all.

UGHHGHUGUHH!!! I JUST WANT SOMEONE TO SAY "WHY DONT YOU BOTH SHARE HIM?!" LET THIS END AS A THROUPLE (three person couple)

Aggregator gang
@Nihilist1
*2nd paragraph*
I get that she values her friendship with Manbagi. But I'm not sure if she's even against the idea of not winning Tadano, she doesn't look sad or conflicted. I couldn't tell when there's only 3 PAGES (15-17) dedicated to the two of them discussing how they feel about Manbagi confessing. The whole time she's blushing like she's about to get off to Manbagi NTR-ing her.

he made a mistake back in mid school with uesugi in ch 142 and now she made that mistake again and this time unaware with her new bff's love interest
re-read chapter 142, Manbagi didn't make any moves on Uesugi and ended up missing any oppurtunity to confess to him. She is in fact learning from her mistake by taking the initiative.

what manbagi did by asking komi for permission makes sense because she simply doesn't want to go over komi's back
She already did that by telling Komi she's about to confess to Tadano. She didn't need Komi's permission. The problem with Manbagi asking for permission is that it's wasting time (or in this case pages) and it makes Manbagi look subservient to Komi. It makes the both of them look bad because it implies Manbagi is not independent from Komi or that Komi is tyranical towards Manbagi. Not to mention it's pointless because it doesn't add anything to the progression of the arc.

And let me remind you both of these dorks are as clueless as they were depicted in previous chapters that explained their lack of knowledge in flirting, gaining initiative or winning the race are not the theme here
Look my problem with this isn't Komi and Manbagi not competing withe eachother to win over Tadano, My problem is that Komis doesn't feel anything about not winning Tadano. You saying Komi is conflicted over her bff and the guy she likes sounds lovely. But there's nothing, NOTHING that shows she's sad or conflicted about it other than her weak response. Hell, Komi looked more content over Manbagi confessing to Tadano than herself confessing to him.

But as I said before if Oda really intend this chapter as initial buildup, then them knowing komi and manbagi is fighting over tadano will be consequential for post-confession arc to which each one of them will have a role in forming a new dynamic between komi and manbagi, at least that's what I saw.
Isagi and Ase were already friends with Komi and Manbagi to begin with. What difference does it make if they know about it now compared to them knowing about it when Manbagi confess to Tadano? Besides I don't even believe Komi and Manbagi will be enemies after Manbagi confess.

also
them knowing komi and manbagi is fighting over tadano
If you consider what Komi is doing to be fighting, then the french army during WW2 were great fighters.

Nah, considering how it all played out since the beginning I think this is the best both komi and manbagi do to answer the current situation especially if Oda regarded this chapter to be initial build up for the upcoming valentine arc he mentioned before.
And what is that answer? Komi just saying to Manbagi that she doesn't like it but is not against it? Is that seriously enough to convey how conflicted she feels over the idea of not winning over manbagi? Is 3 pages enough to explore Komi's whole feelings?

Also is xystus your another account? Why is his comment is so similar with your comment? Is he just copied yours? Or is this just another MD server bamboozle wtf
No, I think Mangadex's server is having an aneurysm

After digging around, this is the reason: https://mangadex.org/thread/354754/3

Group Leader
I'm still 100% on board the SS Poly, but the feel of this chapter has started shooting some holes in it's hull.

kuf

Dex-chan lover
@Xxjuggernaut she hella annoying and ugly y'know.

I wouldn't mind Tadano getting matched with anyone but manbagi. annoying piece of drawing.

Dex-chan lover
the only way this manga will redeem if tadano accepts manbagi's confession. We already know the cliche, just wanted to end it already.

Dex-chan lover
In honor of this occasion I'm going to post my some of my favorite Manbagi-centric moments from this series.
Chapter 132: "I just want to eat lunch..."
014.jpg
Chapter 136: Manbagi's First Time Being Called Cute
006.jpg
Chapter 141: Manbagi Thanks Tadano
006.jpg
Chapter 155: "Y'shouldn't like, lie to me." (My personal all time favorite)
008.jpg
Chapter 165: "I am her boyfriend."
013.jpg
Chapter 165: Manbagi Blushing
014.jpg
Chapter 181: Manbagi Crying
006.jpg
Chapter 181: Manbagi and Tadano Holding Hands
007.jpg
Chapter 181: Manbagi's Reaction to Holding Hands
018.jpg
Chapter 194: "I guess I really do like Tadano after all."
014.jpg
Chapter 195: Lewd
016.jpg
Chapter 217: "I'm fine no matter how much it costs."
007.jpg
Chapter 217: Relieved Manbagi
010.jpg
Chapter 217: "Tadano do you... have someone you like?"
015.jpg
Chapter 217: "Hmmm."
017.jpg
Chapter 217: Manbagi Freaking Out
018.jpg
Chapter 225: "I'm not okay."
016.jpg
Chapter 225: Manbagi Crying on the Stairs
017.jpg
Chapter 226: "You aren't just anyone to me."
009.jpg
Chapter 226: "I'm sorry...!!"
014.jpg
Chapter 227: "I also liked him."
008.jpg
Chapter 227: Tadano Praise
012.jpg
Chapter 227: Tadano Praise 2
013.jpg
Chapter 227: "That's it."
014.jpg
Chapter 227: Tadano Praise 3
016.jpg
Chapter 227: "Please... don't lie to me."
018.jpg
Chapter 228: "I like you even more than Tadano."
011.jpg
Chapter 228: "Because I also... like you a lot Rumiko-chan."
014.jpg
Chapter 228: Aggressive Compliments
015.jpg
Chapter 228: "Come ooon~"
016.jpg
Chapter 228: "This makes no sense~!"
018.jpg
Chapter 233: "I totally get it though~!"
013.jpg
Chapter 234: "Shouko!"
017.jpg
Chapter 236: "You're right."
005.png
Chapter 236: "I guess I'll just have to do what I can."
009.png
Chapter 236: Manbagi is Charming
010.png
Chapter 236: Manbagi's First Supporter
011.png
Chapter 264: Manbagi Relaxing in the Onsen
003.jpg
Chapter 264: Manbagi Wearing a Yukata
004.jpg
Chapter 264: "I... don't mind."
008.jpg
Chapter 264: Tadano's Scent
013.jpg
Chapter 264: "I love you."
017.jpg
Chapter 269: A Slight Chance
016.jpg
Chapter 282: "I totally get that!"
008.jpg
Chapter 282: Tadano Smiling at Manbagi
009.jpg
Chapter 285: Pure Manbagi
13-daa0e38a24ef9a9df132a26c5fe4d478d6a23fc685d860b47597dd9a2aac6c44.png

Double-page supporter
@nutman451
I get that she values her friendship with Manbagi. But I'm not sure if she's even against the idea of not winning Tadano, she doesn't look sad or conflicted. I couldn't tell when there's only 3 PAGES (15-17) dedicated to the two of them discussing how they feel about Manbagi confessing. The whole time she's blushing like she's about to get off to Manbagi NTR-ing her.
She did say she is not against manbagi confessing to tadano first and doesn't like it, she gave that similar assurance to go ahead before during the stair talk and she simply did it again this time. You have to look closely on the nature of komi here that are leaning to that fearful nature based on her disorder that she doesn't want to worry her talking partner, showing any sign of discomfort is probably the least she wanted to show to manbagi to avoid her accusing herself guilty to be in tadanobowl in the first place considering that manbagi has low self-esteem as she did, let alone outright blasting off manbagi to sod off. That would be the opposite of komi we all know, she knew deep down she doesn't like it yet she kept it to herself. Page 17 where she just told manbagi she doesn't like it is good enough for me, this manga is still going to continue anyway so later on we can see how komi reacts when manbagi is accepted/rejected by tadano.

re-read chapter 142, Manbagi didn't make any moves on Uesugi and ended up missing any oppurtunity to confess to him. She is in fact learning from her mistake by taking the initiative.
Whether she made a move or not didn't matter, my point still stands that manbagi still attracted to the people that is nice to her doesn't mean they are interested in her. The different with the current case is that she is already deeply involved in trying to win over tadano. She till hasn't learned her mistake and I do believe this will be basis for manbagi's own development in the future if oda made manbagi lost this time.

She already did that by telling Komi she's about to confess to Tadano. She didn't need Komi's permission. The problem with Manbagi asking for permission is that it's wasting time (or in this case pages) and it makes Manbagi look subservient to Komi. It makes the both of them look bad because it implies Manbagi is not independent from Komi or that Komi is tyranical towards Manbagi. Not to mention it's pointless because it doesn't add anything to the progression of the arc.
Because manbagi knew she fought an uphill battle, at 2nd year festival arc afterparty she got that reassurance from takarazawa that she is capable enough to be on par with komi regarding tadano. Manbagi knew the whole damn class is supporting komi, with her low self-esteem after being left by her 1st year friend do you think she has that confidence to take on komi directly? Ofc not, but komi instead of being angry at her just gave her the chance to be in tadanobowl out of that similar worry of losing her bff and cluelessness in handling the conflict. Going over her back is just the sign of betraying that trust komi gave to her and asking for her 'permission' is just a declaration to keep it fair.

Look my problem with this isn't Komi and Manbagi not competing withe each other to win over Tadano, My problem is that Komis doesn't feel anything about not winning Tadano. You saying Komi is conflicted over her bff and the guy she likes sounds lovely. But there's nothing, NOTHING that shows she's sad or conflicted about it other than her weak response. Hell, Komi looked more content over Manbagi confessing to Tadano than herself confessing to him.
I understand this concern, but this is not a generic romcom where characters came out of nowhere. I already addressed this on the 1st response to consider the established background and possible nature both komi and manbagi to react this way. Komi in this case is a special case where she has to face the conflict of possibly damaging the dynamic that she already got used to, it would be cool if you want to consider it.

Isagi and Ase were already friends with Komi and Manbagi to begin with. What difference does it make if they know about it now compared to them knowing about it when Manbagi confess to Tadano? Besides I don't even believe Komi and Manbagi will be enemies after Manbagi confess.
This is where actually komi learned her circle of friends, we got to see her acquaintances, her close friends and bffs. The way I see it Isagi and ase are in the same circle with sasaki and katou from the 1st year, they are komi's close friends but certainly not as close as komi to manbagi or komi to tadano due to their amount of interaction, it's on a different level. By dynamic changes I don't mean that manbagi and komi will be automatically enemies after this, but instead a new status quo where one of them is already established to have tadano as their partner.

If you consider what Komi is doing to be fighting, then the french army during WW2 were great fighters.
Fighting is not the best word, but I'm out of words on how to describe the triangle when I typed that, maybe I should stick with tadanobowl instead.

And what is that answer? Komi just saying to Manbagi that she doesn't like it but is not against it? Is that seriously enough to convey how conflicted she feels over the idea of not winning over manbagi? Is 3 pages enough to explore Komi's whole feelings
Again this is already addressed in my 1st response, I do think we will see more about komi's feelings later on when she is not with manbagi. But simply not this time, this is a SoL 4-koma manga, there will be limitation on how much you can put in a single chapter.

No, I think Mangadex's server is having an aneurysm
After digging around, this is the reason: https://mangadex.org/thread/354754/3
Petition to remove Solo levelling from MD please.
Jokes aside it would be nice if SL got their own proxy like kaguya did with guya, oh well it's just weekly occurence anyway, thanks for telling me this!

It makes me mad that the girl that confess will get rejected and the girl who won’t just wait for the guy to confess and win without doing nothing... I love komi but it is unfair.

Users who are viewing this thread