Kouchuugun Shikan Boukensha ni Naru - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Emergency Landing

Supporter
I like the understanding of science in this, like the fact that he says the chances of falling out of hyperspace right next to a planet being really low. Presumably, they would have still traveled at near lightspeed for at least a few seconds after the attack, so normally they'd be stranded in the middle of nowhere under normal circumstances. Also, the smoke not dissipating is also pretty accurate, as no atmosphere would probably cause it to stay with the ship due to inertia.
I would also point out that the number of times escaping to a planet being "12 in 1000 years" might not be accurate, as I'm sure at least some instances would go unreported due to being unable to communicate, like his situation.
Liking this quite a bit so far. I just hope it doesn't go the same way as Gargantua on Verdurous Planet, which was good but
got pretty depressing near the end
and I'm just not looking to read that kind of story right now.

Contributor
"Then... What couldn't get any worse: The bugs have a taste for cruelty and human flesh"

...I'm not sure if it's a fanciful translation, but that line in the first pages was so over-hammed that it felt like I was reading pulp noir. It's magnificent.

Dex-chan lover
if you can get food and water whats the rush to find people lmao, no need to hurt your body running after tracks like a kid

God damn it, they had a great opportunity to make this isekai fresh, like letting it be actual aliens that he had to interact with, even if it had the cliche adventuring, it would've been interesting seeing him try to fit in an alien world.

I hope he doesn't just forget about his fleet and alien being who invaded his home planet and somehow tries to get revenge.

Dex-chan lover
I call bullshit on the requirement to be indoctrinated/trained into the role of a Captain in the middle of an active threat. If the the enemy was really attacking they would also take their sweet time with this proceedure? There is a reason why there is a chain of command.

You are the only officer alive? Well tough luck, you are in command, have a nice day.

Dex-chan lover
I can't wait until I find another isekai chapter 1 where an entire military force worth of people gets assblasted so one dude can get some fantasy waifus. You know how these things go, if one story does it, ten more will too, minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread