Kouchuugun Shikan Boukensha ni Naru - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Magic

So far Im just loving this manga. Its really giving off Subnautica vibes with him talking to the AI as he explores and stuff in this new world he crash landed in and the whole concept of humans who are technologically advanced meeting more less advanced people who are more of the fantasy setting is such a cool concept! Cant wait to read more!

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for bringing this interesting manga to my attention! Really enjoyed speeding through all 6 chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
@Elroy79 In the novel he subconsiously even used some sort of magic before on his sword when he copied his vr-time swordtechniques. Plus in the novel the energyflow is more of a thing, not only the image, without the Nanoms it probably wouldnt be nearly as easy for him to cast magic (consciously), since he wouldnt know how the energyflow works.
And i havent read the novel too far yet, but i think he still uses his rifle and stuff later on, even though he can use magic.

Double-page supporter
Love this series. I like how the author properly explains everything instead of going away with "it's a magic" bull sh*t. This makes the setting feel more real and easily to grasp the the core concept of this world. Also, I love how Cleria dresses like a proper lady knights/princess and not like slut like in the other Isekais. Seriously looking forward for the update. Thank for introduce us this gem.

Contributor
@Elroy79
> how did the AI/Nanom know that he had to use mental imaging to manifest the fireballs?

It was right there in the text; this was deduced from exactly the same energy flow creating both fire and water.

Fed-Kun's army
@Shirobane,

I saw that the AI/Nanom deduced the energy flow, but that did not tell it how he had to imagine the fireball. One is understanding where the energy came from, like understanding rain comes from clouds, the other is understanding how to manipulate the energy, like understanding how to catch and use rainwater. Probably a bad analogy, but they are two different things. AI/Nanom jumped from analyzing the energy to suddenly knowing how to tell MC how to use the energy. I just think a better way of handling it would've been to get Cleria to explain how to use the energy then maybe having AI/Nanom dive further into theory on how to improve the technique.

@Silwitch

This would've explained better how AI/Nanom figured out the technique to use magic. This is obviously one of those instances where the manga skips some needed info that would help connect dots in the plot.

Aggregator gang
@Elroy79 How the heck do you expect him to continuously use his tech, like for example his rifle needs supplies for continued used and his stranded on that planet with no option to power up or supply his tech, but don't worry
he is helped out but drones later on but they mostly do things behind the scene.
by the way about imagining the fire the nanom stated he doesn't know how to activate the magic of fire they just assume that it required mental image after seeing Cleria closing her eyes as stated in page 12 so they just experimented and it worked. https://mangadex.org/data/b965b84fff6f6e4a11fa7d635714bdff/x12.jpg Now about the energy flow the nanom created a sensor that can analyze the energy similar to the other planet they already have the data and information of similar phenomena so it was easier to analyze and put it into practice.

Fed-Kun's army
@Hell_Satan,

I never said it had to just be his rifle, I said tech in general, that means everything ambiguously included under the term "tech" to include his nanites, suit, drones, whatever the A.I. Iris can help him with, etc. There's also the possibility she could've provided more ammunition, maybe not infinite amounts, but more. Still, all the technology at his disposal.

In other stories like this: https://mangadex.org/title/41850/ihoujin-dungeon-ni-moguru, and https://mangadex.org/title/22017/manuke-na-fps-player-ga-isekai-e-ochita-baai come to mind, the MC's are limited to the technology they bring with them. Even in Ihoujin Dungeon ni Moguru's case when the MC makes a contract with a goddess, he's still limited to using his skills and technology so far. I haven't read the novel so I don't know if this will change later. Same with FPS player in another world, he's limited to whatever he had in the game before transporting to the fantasy world. He can't even use magic, he can't even be healed by magic because he doesn't have magic. Of course, the mechanics in all three of these stories are different, just the core that they are modern soldiers in a fantasy realm is similar. I just thought it would've been interesting for him to go without magic for a while, or at least not from having no magic to being uber with it so fast.

Either way, I'll read to see what happens. It just would've been nice to get a third advanced soldier in fantasy land type vibe, that's all.

As far as mental imaging goes. After rereading that page, I now think that was the MC deducing that from his experience playing video games. Deciphering who was talking in that conversation was probably what confused me.

Aggregator gang
@Elroy79 He did lose practical everything and only have a rifle his knife and food supply the only tech he has is his nanom which is mostly for support purpose like strengthening his body protecting him from pathogens and assisting in the magic energy also in memory and scouting aside from that he has nothing
later though he will have drones to assist him in the background though and two clones of iris that looks younger and is named base on the real Iris Conrad children.

Fed-Kun's army
@Hell_Satan,

The nanom already proved to be more than enough for him to survive in the world without gaining OP magic. That's all I'm trying to say. The OP magic as an additional aspect of the MC in my opinion and from some spoilers given to me, tells me that OP magic will overshadow MC's dependence on technology.

He lost everything, but within a story-telling perspective, from MC's point of view, from the worldview within the story, I know some of this is redundant, but trying to make point. Internally, MC would've had to survive whether he had magic or not, whether he fell on a magic world or a non-magic world. He would've had to survive with the loss. That's a moot point. The author would've had to come up with a way for MC to survive either way.

Yes, the ship helping is the stuff that I'm talking about.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe Alan can teach Cleria some semi-advanced agriculture knowledge, techniques, and technology so that her kingdom won't be starving anymore.

Dex-chan lover
@Elroy79 - on the other hand, that guy with smartphone did have unlimited use of technology, and even brought knowledge he didn't have before through his internet access.

Fed-Kun's army
@flannan, that was an entirely different concept. In Another World with a Smartphone technically turns the smartphone into a cheat.

@Kaarme But then it wouldn't be the honourable Starving Family anymore.

Honestly, I shouldn't have read the comments, maybe then I wouldn't actually read starving everytime it is mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread