Kouchuugun Shikan Boukensha ni Naru

For who ever likes fantasy, good character development, and etc. Give this a read, while the art isn't amazing, the story intrigued me so much I finished it in less than 1 hour and a half.

This manga needs a rework. Wtf am i reading. If executed properly, this will definitely be a lot better than generic isekais.

Double-page supporter
Can this even be considered an isekai if both worlds are located within the same universe?

Does it mean that the first people to land on Mars would also technically be isekaid?

Felt very Star Ocean-y, and I love that.

I love Star Ocean games which usually tells the story of someone (or a group) stranded or visited an undeveloped planet or planets, and interact with the said planets' residents. And this manga is basically that (though of course, it's not Star Ocean so it'll be different.) Really similar with the symbology (magic) story when the characters discover magic too, in a way.

Somehow, this is a fresh air in to the usual dumpster fire of the isekai genre.
I really like it, thank tho whoever translate it.

@radstylix Ditto. It's still generic in most aspects, but it's pretty good at utilizing it to make something fresh. The only complaint I have is that I feel like the story is progressing a bit too quickly, not giving the characters enough time to develop further. The only one that got somewhat fleshed out was Cleria, I'd at least like to see what the MC's backstory is. How he ended up joining the military, past relationships, his ambitions, stuff like that would give him a lot more character.

Also, my thoughts on what plans the author might have considering the latest chapter:
I'm assuming that somewhere in the future, he'll be regarded as one of the greatest admirals of the empire, maybe even all of humanity, what with his discovery and combination of magic and science that would make even the bugs wince. That mention of the reactor will likely play an especially big role in all this, considering that magic stones are essentially just batteries, so he could use that to power it and start churning out obscene amounts of armaments the likes of which no isekai MC has ever done.

I am just disappointed at the fact that the mc is denser than a black hole. I know that this is not the first time this happened but I really wish the mc was more conscious in the relationship aspect. Other than that I really like the manga a lot.

I've started reading the light novels and I really appreciate now how much the manga has tightened up the writing. There are entire chapters devoted to how to cook fried chicken (kaarage) and make mayonnaise, it's actually rather annoying how much of it is just the characters standing around talking about how to cook Japanese cuisine.

Also the light novel author is oddly punctilious about showing every single step of an interaction: "We went to Tarus' mansion and saw Willy standing outside. We said hello, and he said hello back. We asked if Tarus was at home and he said yes. We then asked if we could see Tarus and Willy said he would go to Tarus right now. We then asked if we could have some tea while we were waiting and he said he would have it ready for us." And that's before we get to the actual conversation with Tarus which moves the story forward. I'm learning to skim the light novels a lot more to actually get to the meat of the story.

Dex-chan lover
A sci-fi fantasy eh? I guess it's nice to read this kind of manga.

The idea is nice, but I kinda missing a goal here. What does he want to do on this planet he accidentally landed on. [Now that he knows that the ship is still working], will he go back? Originally he was just planning to help a nice girl while waiting for rescue, but now[ his ship is working, clones show up, and he seems to go head first in a war he knows nothing about. ] It seems more focussed on him being a good, but dense, guy, who just helps out the first girl he found when he opened his eyes.

Would have liked it if it was for example focussed on learning more about this new thing called “magic” or the new monsters and such, rather than them showing up here and there in the story for him to “learn” and get some casual level-up every few chapters.

How do I make the [] sections spoiler sections?

That's right!
occupy the planet rather than giving "enlightenment" for free!!

Remind me of Stellaris game

Users who are viewing this thread