Kouritsu-Chuu Madoushi, Daini no Jinsei de Madou wo Kiwameru - Vol. 7 Ch. 42 - Time Eater

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this is a red herring and he's just going to come back more mad and more... mad.
In that distortion of his mind, he'll be able to train himself, learn disgusting magics through trial and error. He's got all the time in the world, after all.

Lol people here are really downplaying the effect of extreme isolation. One person here already mentioned the White Torture, you guys should look it up.

Dex-chan lover
oej92.jpg

You know, your perception of time passage depend both of internal an external stimulus.
If he, being concealed inside his own dream, only sees white, feels no hungry does not get old, tired or anything inside that ilusion, the brain would simply compact everything (the brain is not a camera, does not register everything, things are registered by relevance, if everything is but white bg, very little of those thousands of years will be registered) and by the 3 or 4rd year or so, he would begin to lose the idea of time passage.

Unless he counts every second, but even then, he would lose the perception of how much time passes from a second to another and it would be meaningless.

So, painfull 5 or so years on a white background, if he does not goes insane due to the sensory deprivation(which requires some unimaginable willpower) before letting go the perception of time, "hes good to go".
Double quotes cuz he would have some mental issues for the rest of his life, but he wont forget anything. Hek, it could even get worse, his hatred that is. One thing is certain, he wont be the same person after this lel.

About the one month, since he is a test subject I guess they will keep him fed. Right? There is no reason to neglect a test subject, since the whole thing about tests, is to know what happens.

TL;DR My point is, if he feels nothing in that white room, how can he feel time passage?

Dex-chan lover
Time Eater? Sounds like
There is one kind of robber whom the law does not strike at, and who steals what is most precious to men: time.
Napoleon

Dex-chan lover
@CinderKin Magic is involved. The white room is a magic dream, so maybe it's all forced into memory uncompressed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The actual choice of words was "will feel like thousands of years", feel not seem. If he loses time perception, he won't feel anything, since time is the only thing he has during the month. And considering the spider jacking straight into his brain, I'd say "external stimulus" is being provided.🙂

Dex-chan lover
@Ciello
I would say it is closer to what Itachi did to Kakashi in Naruto. It is not a time loop, but instead it seems that time is streatched. 1 month real time = thousands of years "parasite time". It does not reset or return to an earlier point.

@CinderKin Its not sensory deprivation if its just a bare room, check out the first episode of Vsauce's mindfield as he went into an isolation room with very little stimuli and he totally lost track of time within the first day, time without stimulation drags on and on, have you ever been at work or school when theres nothing you should or can be doing? Feels like it takes forever, but this guy's going to have that for orders of magnitudes longer.

If the room was dark, lacked sound and gravity (or he was floating in water like in an actual sensory deprivation pod) then time would likely go on very quickly as he'd be left to his imagination but as it stands he's acutely aware that he can't leave this place, he's gone in with a negative frame of mind so this month will be hell for him.

Dex-chan lover
@RiceNipple Well, he is a mage first and foremost over a physical fighter and since magic is a mind thing, he could theoretically train that.

anyone else thought that it was going to make him older with it's name time eater I thought it would eat his time making him older not give him more time(what a bad name choice)

Double-page supporter
He keeps saying he'll come back and kill all of you, yet you people don't kill him? Good job morons. Can't wait for the month to be over and he returning and start killing again, because, you know, you morons didn't deal with him. Hopefully he kills you all.

ADK

people talking about him coming back have no idea about the horrors of solitary confinement.

I remember there were reports on some new drug that interfered with your perception of time, making feel even one minute like hours, days or even years.

Users who are viewing this thread