Kouritsu-Chuu Madoushi, Daini no Jinsei de Madou wo Kiwameru - Vol. 8 Ch. 48 - Beginning Of The End

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme

I understand the point. Punishment is a deterrence. "If you do something bad we'll kill you." means no one would work for them, which is wack because they shouldn't be doing bad things. But they wouldn't be much of an Association if everyone considered them barbaric for using the death penalty for everything.

But 'punishing' people for breaking their rules seems more civilized and fair. Even if it's torture. "Because then at least they left him alive." But also it's so bad that you don't want to experience it.
"Just as long as I don't do something so horribly bad I'll get killed for it on the spot, then I can dodge most of the rules. At the very worst, I have to deal with the punishment and then I'll get out and get my revenge." or something along those lines.

Basically, it's politics. It's less about torture for fun and more about the message sent, since no doubt they keep records about their punishments.

But no lie though this was fucking stupid especially in this case. "Put the mage in the room of time and spirit for a thousand years, when magic is gathered by using mental energy. His body ages a month, his mind ages a thousand years. Oh wait, magic is gained by using your mind. I'm sure it won't make him an invincible god monster!"

Riiiiiiiight. The only way I'm going to respect this arc and specifically this chapter and it's bullshit villain character is if they do NOT manage to reverse this.
To be clear, the only thing that I would respect in that scenario is that the author killed off their characters.

But that's not gonna happen. He's either gonna time travel back, get reincarnated again but probably not, also get stuck in a time prison for thousands of years or somehow wake up from his dream...

This chapter is bad solely because the villain is bullshit. He wasn't talented in the first place, had no reason to be trusted by the association, was experimented on with a bullshit punishment that wouldn't make sense anywhere and he kept resentment cuz he himself made a mistake and got beaten.

Dex-chan lover
you reap what you sow, what an idiot idea to lock people indefinetly up mentally.

feels like the the author changed the concept of magic in the worldbuilding just to make a character stronger and then go boom
i'm almost dropping this manga

Its a bs villain growth, and a Very sudden massacre, but the organization was very very dumb, they kinda deserved It, but not the commom people that suffered because of It.
But idk yet whats the point to do that in the story, and i dont like the Idea of OP New Magic developed by this secondary villain, not a fan of the story in the recent chapters.
Well If its not a dream or something to revert It a tragedy tag should be added to this manga.

@Chet31 True, it absolutely would’ve been so much less impactful if we had to sit through that much but I feel like even a single page of him actually putting effort, failing, and slowly spiraling even FARTHER into madness would’ve been more... insightful? But it just feels like the author wrote whatever and told us we had to accept it with the sorry excuse of “a wizard did it!” Wait... shit that’s exactly what he did.

Can someone either spoil it or tell me what chapter in the novel this is so I can figure out if I want to keep reading this or not?

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel to be fair tho, the entire premise of this series was the idea that people had level caps on their magic types, so when MC hit his limit in his previous life, he couldnt get any stronger, so he needed to level up is other magic types cause his fav, red magic, was actually shit, but he didnt have the time to do that because he was way too old.
Now author comes and tells us that if you spend a thousand years trining, you can break those level caps no problem.
So yeah, bad writting.

Double-page supporter
Author keeps pulling stuff out of his ass and I honestly don't care anymore...

Dex-chan lover
@Miranox 100% agree. Thinking of dropping it here since I knew he would be back the moment they let him live... But I wasn't expecting him to wipe everyone out like this... Probably going to time travel again... so dropped.

@tensec @ me too if you find a spoiler... Otherwise I'm dropping this since there will probably be another time travel again

Fed-Kun's army
I'll change my rating from 3 to 10 instantly if none of these deaths get rollbacked and Milly dies for good, god I love this antagonist, he transformed this from irredeemable garbage into decent garbage.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter: Zeff x Joseph Joestar!
Will be interrupted for your viewing pleasure.

@Angibot
Nah, Zeff going to use the reset button again.

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel The association believed they are torturing the man for thousands of years, relative time. How is that a lesser punishment compared to a quick, more or less painless execution? They weren't planning to give 30 lashes, or something. Anyone thinking practically infinite torture is a suitable punishment for anything is a bleeding-edge edgelord. The association was apparently run by such chuunis. A worthless organisation that shouldn't have been responsible for anything. They had begun to think they are gods, the masters of life and death. It's just the icing of the cake that they didn't even really know what they were doing.

Users who are viewing this thread