Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami - Vol. 5 Ch. 43

@Deathhappens
Because it's a tax only on them. This can potentially destroy the economy of the entire territory.

This would mean loss of authority, and would leave them open for others to attack openly.
There is no meaning in surviving the denouncing by the church if the end result is the same anyway.

At that point I'd be like: "fuck y'all I'm making my own religion, with blackjack, and hookers."

Banned
@Deathhappens :
Ok the denounciation is obviously a serious matter, but why are they panicking so hard over a tariff raise, jeez.
Lolwut?
I was just thinking the tolls are a fuckin serious issue, but why are they kicking up shit over this dumbarse pope?
They could just have him assassinated... or just put the excesses of the clergy in the capital on public display... She could even try for a schism. I'm not sure she has the influence to set up an antipope, but she has a good candidate for that.

But frankly they'd have a tough time dealing with the tariff situation and the only reasonable solution seems to be shifting everything to a sea route... which will cost a bomb.

Personally I'd regard any solutions that don't involve murder to be inferior options... but that is just me.

@TetsuyaLP : Funny how everyone is always "make guns" and nobody takes the less expected route of "make compound bows". I'm pretty sure a compound bow is more bang for your buck than a rudimentary flintlock... and easier to prepare besides.

Dex-chan lover
@SotiCoto Well, I generally consider being socially and politically ruined to be slightly more annoying than being financially troubled, but maybe that's just me.

Banned
@Deathhappens : "Socially and politically ruined" as if some fat old pope is the be-all and end-all of all social and political situations, especially when the whole thing is a poorly engineered farce. Being financially ruined would definitely result in social and political ruin.

Dex-chan lover
Dude, have you even been reading this manga? The church has MAD political power in here.

YES FIRST PRINCE, OUR ML MAKE YOUR MOVE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU FOR THE TRANSLATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! 😍🤩😘

Double-page supporter
How many times we have to understand, the religion or the god aren't totally represented by the people that run them? If the people are corrupt, it's the people who are the cancer, not the religion or the god. Do not fear or fight the religion or the god, but the people that proclaim as the advocates but act like the devils.

Double-page supporter
And this dear Iris is why State religions must be abolished.
I will also be not surprised if a part of the poeple that claim to follow the darril faith secretly doesn't actually follow the official darryl doctrine, or are secretly apostates.

so obvious.... thats the second princes faction attacking like the idiots they are
instead of roping them which granted is improbable or chipping away at them its two frontal attacks pushing them right into the first princes embrace...( well they were there anyway but thats something the second faction didnt know)
and then only two flimsy attacks that wont hold up when she finds the right paperwork literally shooting themselves in the foot
if you embargo someone you do it from all sides not just one
when you denounce you better make sure you have an air tight case that preferably ends with an execution

@llde
i would explain it like this
religions mixing with statecraft is never a good idea
religions are faith based as such they can never be wrong or people will loose faith.
statecraft can go wrong not being able to admit or say it will lead to tyranny and powerabuse because they are afterall always right and thus have no need for an opposition

Dex-chan lover
Re-reading this and I forgot how I got fcking stressed by this chapter

Users who are viewing this thread