Kuitsume Youhei no Gensou Kitan

>Not Isekai
Praise the powers that be.
I'll give the author the benefit of the doubt for the time being. The second he starts killing anything resembling a symbolism of China, I'm out.

Wait is this manga based on the recently discontinued light novel I've been hearing about? The one where the writer was a Japanese imperialist who literally wrote stand-ins for the Chinese?

I really hope it's not, but I'm wary based on the comments. I was so excited to finally see a fantasy manga that's not isekai.

Contributor
Same author, different novel. This will probably get canceled too since his publisher dropped the other novel and he's taking down the web novel version of that.

Worst part is that this novel of his is actually pretty good and not generic, so i hope it doesnt get cancelled, even though i completely understand if it does since the author is p much a pos.

Dex-chan lover
Controversy involving author. Its quite bad. He honestly deserved the backlashes that he received.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-06-01/new-life-young-again-in-another-world-anime-protagonist-novel-creator-cause-controversy/.132291

Double-page supporter
Wouldn't be the first time that an author or artist who created something decent was a horrible person. While I can totally understand wanting to cut ties with someone like than and not support them in any way, it is also understandable to take the position that the work stands on its own.

Regardless, the first chapter of this was quite interesting.

Dex-chan lover
As much as I don't support series full of Japanese imperialism and pointless anti-Chinese rhetoric, I would also like to draw attention to the fact that Chinese series do the exact same thing in reverse. I read tons of Chinese webnovels and the number of times I have seen blatant anti-Japanese stuff is more than I have seen in Manga. In one series, "Otherwordly Evil Monarch," protag is reincarnated assassin from modern China, and the final "invading demons" in the fantasy world are people whose battle-cries are "Bakayarou!!!" the MC is reminded of the Japanese and has so much hatred for them that he slaughters them even more than usual and says that they are scum who should be removed from the planet. Other than that part the series is quite good.

Anyways, just be aware that the Sino-Japanese grudge goes both ways and that both sides are guilty of filling up their fiction with stereo-types and hatred.

Dex-chan lover
Welp I read the novel and it was pretty good but I think it is dead now
Okay so the thing with the author.
He hasn’t posted new chapters for the past few weeks, and hasn’t said anything about continuing the series or not.

Group Leader
i really think the other 3 will die, the novel only has an image of the 3 facing a huge amount of goblins while MC and priest girl were a bit far from them...and u dont see them anymore in later vols

@cloud04
Would I be a bad person for wishing that? What an awful group. But I think that setup was used in Tanaka the Wizard (if I recall right), where the group has 2 girls and 1 guy(cup) and they are just as obnoxious.

Ah, the Thief class. Well known for going in, guns blazing, without a plan, and no regard for the opponent's strength. Yep.

Getting a serious "first party from Goblin Slayer" vibe from everyone but the MC and his girl...

Users who are viewing this thread