Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear - Vol. 4 Ch. 35

deleting release would only make people go to other aggregator site.
well, it was great while it last.
also, thanks for translating all this time

Double-page supporter
fuck, I guess I have no reason to even bother reading the rest of the WN or even this chapter. it would just be teasing me.

FUCK

Thanks for the chapter, it's sad to see this go, hope that the chapter remain at least. Time to try the last update to Google Translate for the other chapters of the WN, the last update finally makes it mostly readable.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@KumaTranslation
@regeane
While your decision to delete the chapters because of the official localization may be based on ethics, there's no denying the fact that the chapters you've scanlated are available to read on every other aggregator out there right now. Deleting the chapters from MangaDex will only result in people going to other aggregators to read the series, it wouldn't necessarily promote any purchases of the official English manga considering MD is the only site that links people to the official English release to be purchased. That's also not considering that Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear isn't being released in English until May of 2020.

The true ethical decision would've been to have never scanlated it, the next best thing is to just not release anymore chapters. Deleting it doesn't do much of anything to help support the official release

See I was going to buy the English version of this but since they won't release the newest chapters like that time I reincarnated as a slime too keep me tied over till the books are released I won't buy them, I truly like this book but it seems the person writing it is greedy. Nothing wrong with greed but there is a limit.
P.s I own all books that time I renicarnated and all episodes of it in English and sub as well as a plush

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for your work so far. It is greatly appreciated that you spent your time doing this mostly cute and wholesome series.

I do agree deleting the chapters wouldn't be the best decision. If you're going to delete them, doing it a month before the official release (if it really is going to be on May 2020) would be better, since else you're just letting people who come looking for the translated version here, yet don't find it, to look for it in an aggregator site (giving them additional ad-revenue from the visits) while the official release comes out. And even then, they would still go for the aggregator sites when they realize how much there is translated online vs how much the official release does have when it comes out.

In that case, the best decision (IMO) would be to delete the chapters a month in advance before the official version of the volume they're in is released, since that way people wouldn't need to wait for the official release of something that's already translated (and end up going to an aggregator site), but also they'd be encouraged to find the chapters that are already available in the official release (since they'd only have the later chapters to go by, and people usually want to know what happens beforehand).

Nonetheless, that's just my opinion. You have all the right to decide what would be better to do, since you're the ones that would be in trouble if Seven Seas contacted you about the translations, but I'd think the arrangement above would do as much good for both parties as it can be done, in the current state of affairs.

This americentrism is so annoying. Just because it was licenced in 1 country, people from 194 other countries aren't allowed to consume a media.

Oh well, at least the novel has a pretty simple language, so Google Translate doesn't suck that much.

Dex-chan lover
I got pinged by someone saying something that is pretty much already given all the reply it needs in my original post so I'm going to just ignore that for now. But something's bothering me now after reading through some of this. The group was also translating the web novel and will be taking that down as well, right? Isn't that version usually completely free to access anyway? The light novel getting licensed is basically a separate entity. Like, the web novels are pretty much a free to read rough draft that might get picked up by a publisher, and given some serious editing to make them into a product which is the light novel. That's the typical situation right? I don't really read the novel versions either way, so feel free to correct me if at least sometimes the web novel versions are monetized themselves or anything like that.

Group Leader
@Hollow7F RightStuf, Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, Amazon, Walmart, Bookwalker, Kobo, iBooks, Google Play books, pretty much any other English bookstore (physical or digital). Even a small, local bookstore would likely order them for you if you asked. If you mean where can you read official English manga releases for free, check your local library. It may surprise you how much manga many of them carry.

Double-page supporter
As much as I am happy that the manga and the novel have been bought the rights from a publishing house these will not arrive in my country unfortunately.
Thanks for all. :(

Dex-chan lover
@neck those are good options for everyone else but i live in Perú in south america, the only library in my town is from my college and they only have college related books, the only place i can buy the occasional manga is in cosplay events and such, so im short in options for free stuff, coz i cant afford the official release on amazon

Double-page supporter
Thank you for your dedication and great work all this time. It's been a pleasure.

But I think KuroeNekumi makes a really good point. Most would never wait longer than 2 months at most and are impatient. If they can just read the free version then they don't care where they read it and will go on whatever site is available. Leaving the chapters till they are officially released will make people more likely to actually buy the official stuff. At least I think so.

But either way, thanks for the chapters!!

OOF NOW I GET TO WAIT 3 YEARS FOR the official release chapters to even get this FAR YES just what every man loves to do

Dex-chan lover
Dropping is dumb, deleting is even dumber. I would never, EVER spend money on a manga series I hadn't already started reading. That's as crazy as buying a video game I haven't already played. If I found a series that had had its chapters deleted, and they miraculously weren't reposted on aggregators, then at best it's a series I wouldn't spend money on anyway, so it made no difference to delete it, and at worst it's a series I would have bought, and the publisher just lost a sale because of the deletion.

As for this series, I guess I'll pirate scans of the official version. It's not one I'd buy.

I live in Malaysia, where imported English translated manga could fetch a price as high as Rm50 per volume (which is fuckin expensive for me), and even then, it's a rare commodity. Buying from Amazon would cost me Rm70 per volume instead (including shipping cost). Purchasing a digital version is all fine and dandy, but I still have to face the fact that the currency for this stupid ass country is dipping hard and fast, so it's still a deal-breaker. Either way, I'm fucked if the current group doesn't want to translate this work anymore. It's one of the rare manga out there with OP female protagonist, and it is generally, much much better than your normal isekai with a male lead that goes around collecting harem like a motherfucker. I'm thankful for the group for providing me the chance to read this series, but by not continue translating this series would be such a disservice to old and upcoming fans alike. There's no such evidence linking that making a fan translation would reduce the chance for the official release to get better sales, either. If anything, it helped more in spreading the knowledge for other people regarding the existence of Kuma Kuma Bear.

Dex-chan lover
Goodbye sweet bear series, you will be missed. ;_;

dropping it is fine and all...
but deleting it? that's totally dumb....
I really appreciated for all the translations before, but deleting it just making it worse, as it's already explained a lot in previous comments....

and not every countries will get the chance to read the official translation either
in my country, the chance for local publisher to pick up the series is really slim, despite the story is totally safe for all ages.
and sure we can order it from the available site, but the total price is gonna be like 10-15x times higher than normally is in my country, because of the stupid currencies and shipping cost...

Group Leader
@Hollow7F Sorry to hear that, bud. I hope better purchasing options become available in your country soon.

Users who are viewing this thread