Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Group Leader
They announced the date for the next chapter, it'll come out on May 14.

Dex-chan lover
The other characters in the classroom seem to have more interesting things going on than the Spider.

@wow-peaches
The main strong point of the manga is it's protagonist.
Kumoko (the spider girl) isn't the standart isekai MC, she was born in an incredible harsh situation where she could die at any moment. She's an extremly hard worker towards her objective which for the most part is survive and she will use everything in her power to archive that (good and bad).

Unfortunately the plot is what you can call the weak point of the manga thanks to skipping the side chapters of the novel where other character usually see what is happening in the outside world meanwhile Kumoko is trapped in the dungeon. The plot in Kumoko's side does start fairly late and if you don't end liking her you may already drop the manga/novel because she'll be completely alone for a long time.

Why is the web novle and the light novel plot so different! I get the manga is exclusively focused on Kumoko and doesn't have a disoriented time line. The difference between the manga and light novel is just that the LN has a future arc being told the same time as the present time. The Webnovel literally alters into another story when adapted into the LN. Way too confusing to catch up, but the story is just so good, it's woth the effort to reread the altered versions!

Dex-chan lover
@random31432
I dunno, the constant grinding has gotten pretty stale. There's not much variety to it, it's like if Slime Tensei stayed in a dungeon without interacting with anything or anyone. Freeloading in an elven village might actually be more interesting if it's not just some idyllic forest maintenance.

True. I think she's less than 5 chapters away from getting out of the dungeon. The manga doesn't tell you anything about her classmates yet, but it does give some hints about what happens to Kumoko 15 years later when we start to see the lives of her other classmates. hint chapter :

I honestly like it a lot. Except from the constant same place you're witnessing, the humor is placed really well and there's a lot of references to different animes, games and famous stuff - which is well placed and makes you laugh a lot (like Mario) and others. So overall it's been a while since i got attached to a character this much. So i ended up liking the MC a lot. So, if you like storylines where you take your time and feel empathy for MC and have a weird humor like me, i recommend it. 😃

Group Leader
@robberz143 there was a chapter uploaded? It probably got deleted because of Rule 2.6: Uploading a scanlated chapter before the official raw chapter is released in the original country is prohibited, unless an appropriate delay is used.

what's the corresponding chapter in the WN? i wanna read from where the latest manga chapter left off

It's kind of pity, that the side story is being translated more frequently then the main story line.

I really want to know what happened to her other classmates. I'm sure they reincarnated somewhere but I want them to meet up once

Users who are viewing this thread