Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

@Schakalritter
The WN to LN changes start after Kumoko escape from the labyrinth. If fact, this whole arc against Mother is LN original.
In the WN right after Kumoko escape she goes to the sea
where she has long conversation with Kuro (the administrator in black armor) about all the caos she has been causing. And then she goes to a nearby village at the start of the "Divine Beast" arc.

While the first 3 volumes (the labyrinth arc) are almost identical to the WN the next volumes vary from 70% new content to completely new arcs.
From the 13 LN volumes that are released in Japan, volumes 4, 7, 8, and 11 are new arcs and the rest are somewhat different but still follow the same structure of the WN (what happens is the same but the why and how are different).

@linkhuesitos15

basically he said that she becomes OP through using the parallel wills to decay minds, and she does this to 3 other tarasect queens and the origin tarasect.
after she turns into arachne (which she chose that evolutionary path in order to become more "human" or interact) she chooses to still be a loner and not interact with people
she randomly heals some people and gets considered a "saintess" in one country and when she disappears another country thinks that they did something and start a war between them

she comes in the middle of that, doesn't help out a country and kills people randomly and basically everyone gets a bad impression of her

i may have fudged some of the details, but it basically betrays all of the work and way she built up her powers and her purpose for getting stronger

also apparently there are angels and random bullS like that

@thedjkhalid
basically he said that she becomes OP through using the parallel wills to decay minds, and she does this to 3 other tarasect queens and the origin tarasect.
On the Light Novel Kumoko only does this with Mother because that's the only queen she's connected.
The Original Taratect (Ariel) hack is a little bit different, unlike Mother Ariel can defend herself againist Body-in-charge and the end result more like a fusion of the 2. Ariel does end being more playful but she still doesn't like Kumoko and as an after effect she got some knowledge from Kumoko (things like Japan, the reincarnation, english, etc)

after she turns into arachne (which she chose that evolutionary path in order to become more "human" or interact) she chooses to still be a loner and not interact with people
This didn't changed.
Remember that what we read from Kumoko is her talking on her head, but when it comes to interact with other people she's super timid and antisocial.

she randomly heals some people and gets considered a "saintess" in one country and when she disappears another country thinks that they did something and start a war between them
This happens during the "Divine Beast" arc but that happened because in that country's religion one of the divine beast that followed the goddess was a spider. People gave Kumoko food as tribute and she only agreed to heal them while they provided her with food.
Also in that village there was one of Kumoko classmate, he was a baby but being the first classmate she encountered Kumoko was curious and decided to keep an eye on him for a while.

she comes in the middle of that, doesn't help out a country and kills people randomly and basically everyone gets a bad impression of her
That just ended rather porly. Kumoko went with the intention to help the contry that believed that she was the Divine Beast but during the battle of the soldier on "her" side attacked her by accident. Kumoko following her rule of "never show compassion with those that attack you" killed the soldier and everything went downside after that.

This was changed in the Light Novel. In the Light Novel the Demon Lord shows in the battlefield following Kumoko and both armies were destroying during the crossfire between Kumoko and the Demon Lord.

also apparently there are angels and random bullS like that
Angels are just a type of God. Being fair there's only one angel in the story, Sariel and she only appears really late on the story through flashbacks because she's sealed right now.

P.D: The spoiler tag is used in this was [*spoiler*]Put spoiler here[*/spoiler*] without the "*".

@linkhuesitos15

thanks for letting me know about how to do the spoiler tags, will update my response

i don't like how the story turns out despite not getting all of the details, i was hoping the story was going to take a different direction, such as:

Kumoko turns into Arachne -> Becomes more social with humans -> Humans are apparently exceedingly weak -> Kumoko decides to help them -> Fights against the Demon Lord -> etc

I don't really like the whole administrator and angel plot going on, I dislike those kinds of plots, and I really liked this manga because of the level grinding and fighting she was doing and the direction it goes in betrays that for me

@linkhuesitos15
Thank you for the great explanation. I really should reread the manga and compare it to the WN that i am currently reading.

@thedjkhalid
I feel the same way about where the story will be going.
Then again the mangaka is doing a great job. It will be funny to see a V-shaped vampire girl and heir expressions later. But just wondering, what is about the reincarnated "dragon-pet" that appears in the manga (LN?) but not in the WN. Just wondering...

@Schakalritter

I am not sure about the "dragon-pet", but my bro told me it showed up in the LN (maybe one of those side stories that got skipped in the manga). It kind of bothered me that once the egg was stolen, she never mentioned anything about it, like it never existed in the first place (in the manga, that I know of).

@thedjkhalid
The egg (and then the dragon) appear again in some especial chapters that are exclusive to the physical version of the manga.
latest

That dragon ended being one of Kumoko's classmates (Shinohara Mirei) that was also reincarnated inside the labyrinth.

After she becomes a Light Dragon she can transform in human form.
latest

Dex-chan lover
I guess her former face remains a mystery until the final chapter? 🤔

I need the spoiler
what happen to body in charge, is she die after this?

Everytime there's a new update I completely forget that they release the chapters in two parts and I keep thinking "ugh, another stupid bonus chapter"

@danifa
Yes and no.
Body In Charge went to attack Ariel after sensing that the main body died.
The only problem is that unlike Mother Ariel has a way to counterattack Body In Charge. Both of them keep devouring each other until they fuse. Unfortunately for Kumoko Ariel is the dominant personality but with some traits of Body In Charge (let's say that she's more funny) but to make it worst Ariel also absorbed Body In Charge memories so now she knows about the Kumoko's skill, Japan, the reincarnation, etc.

Ariel = Demon Lord

Users who are viewing this thread