Kuni ni Saikyou no Barrier wo Hattara Heiwa ni Narisugite Tsuihou Saremashita. Sono Barrier, Eizoku Janai yo? - Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
A dragon waifu that won't hesitate to try to eat you, huh.......

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation.
A normal manga would of turned this one chapter into five parts.
Cliffhanger at betrayal,
Cliffhanger at reveal of capital barriers,
Cliffhanger at reveal of knights following him,
Cliffhanger at dragon showings up,
and finally the dragon girl transformation.
I'm glad they didn't.
They don't have a choice. Extremely generic isekai like this just follow the same string of tropes, so they can't really create much suspense because everything is so predictable. So they just speed up the plot so as to not lose the readers' interest. It's like fast food I guess, no one is gonna wait an hour for a hamburger and fries.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, it wouldn't be a proper banishment manga without a dragon waifu rofl

Contributor
80% less assholish discount Accelerator in a fantasy story featuring the mandatory pile of tropes: protagonist with actually overpowered/cheat skill, sudden and unreasonable banishment, dragons turning into girls/instant waifus and a future harem promised by the synopsis. Just missing slavery for a bingo, I guess.

Absolutely nothing new in this wish-fulfillment power fantasy story, but at least the art isn't completely garbage, I'll give it that. The male lead also has more fabulous hair than most forgettable and generic potato protagonists in this sub-genre. Maybe his relaxed attitude and being open to female companionship (he was engaged, after all), is also worth mentioning over the typically indecisive nice guy made out of cardboard with an allergy to girls mysteriously attracted to him.

The more pressing issue about the writing is that the protagonist is already happy and untouchable by danger... we can conclude he'll just continue living as normal somewhere else. What conflict is there to solve, when he doesn't care about banishment and nobody can threaten him? I know this is chapter 1, but this is also usually where the core goal/conflict is introduced. I see it's more important to introduce waifu #1 ASAP so now I know where this story's priorities are.

We could actually end it on page 57 and pretend it's a oneshot, rather than continue on as a series that just goes through the motions until a harem is there for readers to fawn over. But let's see if he'll actually get a main objective other than just live passively and react to events.

Dex-chan lover
...do you need to call out every time you use a barrier? Do they really need unique names? They all do the same thing. I'm serious. The typesetter should unironically see what a chapter without the barrier magic call-outs looks like. I bet it will be an improvement.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So first up, from the synopsis I tohught I had already read this series and this was like a reboot. But lo and behold no it's just that generic. This might be one of the worst ch1's I've ever read (and I'm not talking about the TL).

• Waifu whos a dragon or slime as first partner ✅
  • Betrayal of integral person whom all will fail when leaves✅
  • Bland, naive, holier then thou MC ✅
Like seriously let's talk about this setup chapter. They really rushed the start cause it's so generic that even they knew this wouldn't make it past volume 1 to get to where we are at the end of this chapter. Let's begin at the very start:

• So let me get this straight, someone/s has something against MC for whatever reason and works to get him exiled even though it's literally his barrier protecting the country and they somehow pull it off with noone questioning anything.
  • Said barrier by pure hapinstance is about to fail as MC is leaving and supposedly never told anyone it would fail eventually and he'd have to put it back up.........
  • This then raises a VERY IMPORTANT question, why was MC allowed to just walk out of the castle that he commited a crime so great he was exiled as you know he's the creator of said very important barrier so why would you let said traitor go freely like this who could you know REMOVE said barrier.
  • Heck I dunno why MC doesn't remove it but he seems to be alignment Lawful Retarded so we're defo up for some painful dense "romance" harem style.
  • Due to how the Dragon waifu was treated I take it MC will never do anything like revenge and with how he treated his assassins sent against him he's never gonna kill even a fly.
  • He claims to be defensive only but the fact he can reflect any attack on the enemy (and it looks enhanced) this is just dumb to say and makes no sense to say outside of hoodwinking the reader.
While I appreciate them rushing the stupid startup it also raises so many questions that needed more things shown. Like does he have allies in that castle? Why did they setup him being fianced to that person when they used said person to frame him for treason. Heck MC doesn't seem affected at all that his fiance betrayed him in any shape like not even mad just lightly thoughtful that someone set him up.

I question this cause seems MC doesn't care about the country or anything so then why did he leave the barrier up even though it'll fail soon? We are hinted that the King is his friend and yet they also allowed this to happen and MC never even told the person he setup the barrier for that it eventually failed?

It's all these questions I have that make me put this in my top5 worst ch1's. It also makes me think the rest of the series will be apsolute slop and not even the good bad just paint by numbers generic and no real consequences for anyone.

Dex-chan lover
Long title which resume the first chapter ? Check
Spinless MC who want's to live a slow life ? Check
Betrayal of his trusted friends ? Check
The bad guys are dumbs and powerless but full of themselves ? Check
Dragon waifu ? Check

What a trash manga. Followed.

Dex-chan lover
For something called Bahamut her dragon form sure looks basic, like it looks very obvious that artist spent way less effort on her dragon form compared to the human form, and that is usually the case for many mangas where dragon has human form.

the story is is pretty basic but i like this dude , no hate , no sad , nothing after getting kick out . just keep on living his life to the best. also point for just not care about what gonna happen when the barrier run out.

also kinda funny how people here complain about dragon girl or loli whatever when im just coming over from a manga where people wishing the dragon to turn into a girl or a loli . duality of manga reader i guess XD.

Dex-chan lover
One thing I don't understand is that why are her finger nails black for no reason???

Like, it's regularly a trope that when they transform, their nails become black despite looking human in every other way....

Users who are viewing this thread