Kusunoki-san wa Koukou Debut ni Shippai shite Iru - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - My high school life is just beginning

Dex-chan lover
Do tomboys in Japan really have short hair? It seems any example I see in manga has the tan and the short hair. In America most of them never have short hair and never wear skirts.

They definitely talk like the ones in America do though (just with less cursing lol).

Dex-chan lover
Do tomboys in Japan really have short hair? It seems any example I see in manga has the tan and the short hair. In America most of them never have short hair and never wear skirts.

They definitely talk like the ones in America do though (just with less cursing lol).
In the distant past I hanged out with a nisei tomboy woman, and while she was mixed race, she was pretty much the same as the usual manga tropes: completely flat (she was about 22 years old, no chance of growth anymore), short hair, a bit tan (but that's probably because she had mixed blood), didn't smile much. She could totally pass as a weak, small-framed man.
By the way, this was in Brazil, not Japan.

Supporter
2022-11-18%20(8).png

Dex-chan lover
Keisuke about to face his hypocrisy about judging by appearances and being sensitive about his wounds? Finally something new. Not that lookism and stereotyping Moe are exactly the same. If we're lucky this forces him to have some personality other than griping and blushing for the first time since the early chapters (doubt). Trauma responses didn't count as development.

I like this manga just fine, I promise, but still.

Dex-chan lover
Agreed.... wait, what's this about strawberries?

IwQcv4U.png

This was a nice drama free chapter, just two awkward people interacting and adjusting to high school life. Until the end ofc but it seems like Shizuki will defuse it real quick.

This usually comes since this kind of character are usually in any kind of open air sport club.
Long hair is highly unpractical and the tan comes from playing under the sun.

Users who are viewing this thread