Kusunoki-san wa Koukou Debut ni Shippai shite Iru - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Like this, aren't we gonna be seen as a couple?

Dex-chan lover
what's with all the hate towards the mc, wtf? A lack of social skills paired with a past trauma will make anyone paranoid and second guess their actions, along with overthinking and complicating things more than they really are. Plus the fact that he's hiding his real self behind a mask to try and fit in, it just makes it worse. The fact that no one knows for sure if snake eyed bitch changed for the better since they interacted in middle school (I don't think she has tbh) makes me worry for FMC
Thanks for the translation
people tend to complain if the MC it's not badass or at least have an Harem

Dex-chan lover
I think the artist isn't conveying the male mc's condition (whenever he looks at a pretty girl he gets sick) which I think is just coming off as hrs being a dick/a piece of shit

Dex-chan lover
main-qimg-d7df827c26a78ae44ffe7395a62e2f51

Dex-chan lover
checked the raw and 2 chapter after this the fmc and snake girl still talking like a friend in school and even gang up on the mc like a harem situation, so probably nothing happen next chapter or the fmc just to oblivious if the snake girl did some harassment toward her next chapter

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I'm all for hating frustrating characters, but ya'll realize the female lead acts the same if not worse than the male lead? Both are painfully socially inept (the female lead even more so than the male) and oblivious to their feelings. The female lead is probably being the most frustrating with how she shuts down every hint of romance with an "as friends" like she's the male main character in a harem Manga. The male lead is actually being incredibly proactive considering his whole anxiety is about popular pretty girls. And yeah he acts weird, but the female lead acts the same around crowds. I'm really not super invested in any character as of now. There's so little relationship progress and I kinda lost the plot. I mean the premise was for the female lead was to learn how to make friends on her own... so I guess we're done?

Dex-chan lover
please let this be wholesome... punish me for being judging the book by its cover... make me feel guilty for thinking those 3 girls are mean, queen bee girls but are actually just good kids...

Dex-chan lover
They're just so cute together. I just... Hngggh. 🥰

God, please don't gang up on her. I don't trust the snake-eyed bitch...
There is a very good chance she's not actually as bad as the MC is making it out to be.

As with how he treats his sister, he has a very negative mentality that makes him kinda an a**hole...
God I hate this guy, I'm not one for bullying or whatever, but the way he's acting he completely deserves to be bullied 😐

He's inadvertently hurting her for being weird for no reason, like telling her that this girl used to be a bully and she might have (totally has) bad intentions isn't just for him, but also to be a decent person towards her

In short: Someone please punch him <_<
She might not be an actual bully either.

Look at how he treats his own family...

Dude is kinda an a**hole with a victim mentality....

Honestly, he's kinda annoying.....

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I'm all for hating frustrating characters, but ya'll realize the female lead acts the same if not worse than the male lead? Both are painfully socially inept (the female lead even more so than the male) and oblivious to their feelings. The female lead is probably being the most frustrating with how she shuts down every hint of romance with an "as friends" like she's the male main character in a harem Manga. The male lead is actually being incredibly proactive considering his whole anxiety is about popular pretty girls. And yeah he acts weird, but the female lead acts the same around crowds. I'm really not super invested in any character as of now. There's so little relationship progress and I kinda lost the plot. I mean the premise was for the female lead was to learn how to make friends on her own... so I guess we're done?
I actually give her a pass solely because it was put out how little she knows about relationships in general....

The main issue is his own attitude... not towards romance but in how he treats people in general....

Dex-chan lover
what's with all the hate towards the mc, wtf? A lack of social skills paired with a past trauma will make anyone paranoid and second guess their actions, along with overthinking and complicating things more than they really are. Plus the fact that he's hiding his real self behind a mask to try and fit in, it just makes it worse. The fact that no one knows for sure if snake eyed bitch changed for the better since they interacted in middle school (I don't think she has tbh) makes me worry for FMC
Thanks for the translation
They're malding because they see themselves in him

Dex-chan lover
people tend to complain if the MC it's not badass or at least have an Harem
No, we don't need him to be bad ass or have a harem.... but we at least want MC's to be likable....

He just isn't... that's the problem....

Even cowardly MCs that annoy us feel better because we don't actually hate them as characters.... we just hate their lack of action...

But this dude is kinda an a**....

Dex-chan lover
MpRCHZ7.png

He says, while only thinking of himself and rejecting offers to hang out more. Oh well, he was always gonna be a tough nut to crack.

And hey, I guess Kusonoki gets group friend training. best of luck.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the update! yeah I'm not sure why he didn't warn her about anything

Dex-chan lover
Why did you bring others with you if you want to hang out? It's normal for sure but her past track record hasn't really been very positive. I do not trust this witch

Dex-chan lover
Both are painfully socially inept (the female lead even more so than the male) and oblivious to their feelings. The female lead is probably being the most frustrating with how she shuts down every hint of romance with an "as friends" like she's the male main character in a harem Manga. The male lead is actually being incredibly proactive considering his whole anxiety is about popular pretty girls

Well I interpreted it entirely differently. Kusonoki is genuinely unaware of her feelings and is staying inside her comfort zone (which is keisuke). So she has a weird mix of familiarity, friendship and romance to process. It's only now when someone reached out to her (again after getting the "okay" from Keisuke that they can stay friends) that's she's stating to step outside of her bubble. She seems to want to try but is struggling.

Thars very different from Keisuke who actively wants to stay in his bubble and treats Kusonoki as a chore rather than either a chance to grow or just a new friend. He sees them together as a burden and future drama that he wants no part of. Which may be relatable for someone his age but can be frustrating for people past high school (or simply realizing that HS isn't as dramatic as you envision it). He's shown no real attempt to want to cure his "condition" and more cynical people can interpret his condition as inherently sexist to begin with. So it can be a point if contempt to some, not sympathetic nor even entertaining.

The only real connection between the two is they don't seem to realize they may like each other more than friends. But their executions are different. Trying and failing is a lot more understandable than trying to run from all your problems and hurting others in the process.

Even in this chapter half of Keisuke's concerns is of being "exposed" for his middle school past... Even though all 3 characters in question attended the same middle school and somewhat know of each other. What's there here to sympathize with?

Users who are viewing this thread