Kusunoki's Flunking Her High School Glow-Up - Vol. 4 Ch. 24 - I was hopelessly in love with you

Dex-chan lover
Alot of people are ragging on the mc for being scared of her but imo its in portraying irrational fear (idk a better word for it). Like in high school i used to hate math so much since it was my #1 insecurity and when I failed a test or something i felt like crying and one time I even felt a little queasy from being upset about it so i honestly dont think this is an 'unrealistic manga reaction' type of situation

Dex-chan lover
"Without it being annoying" "Reasonable reaction to shitty character"

Sure, audience reactions are subjective and it's up to the reader to decide whether they enjoy. But when deciding a character being "annoying" interferes with the ability to empathize with and understand the character, I question what they're getting out of the story. People have hated on Shizuki for a lot of the manga just for the crime of...developing as a character?
y idkI don't remember any drastic development. I think people hate on him for his weakness. I get that his trauma is deep seated and that's the focus of his character, but idk it feels like the author keeps harping on the same thing whenever he wants to introduce some conflict to the story, but maybe I'm missing something. at this point I'm questioning what I'm getting out of this myself

Dex-chan lover
Amusing, "Chez137" created an extra account in order to give Strike/Dumb to every intelligent post in the entire thread, and Like/This the inaccurate ones.

Either way the thread drama is going to increase for the next chapters. Mangaka received a lot of feedback when this went up in Japanese so she changed it up to make Hebikawa actually bad.

Dex-chan lover
Literally nothing. He eavesdropped on her talking smack (like kids do) with her friends one time and it causes his idealized made up image of her in his head to be destroyed. Not like she personally bullied him for years or even insulted him to his face in front of others. He just over hears something he shouldn’t have
No. She told her friends that being nice to him was intentional, crafting an image for him to see, with the intent of making herself look better, since she'd be the "nice girl, pitying the ugly kid". She also literally calls him disgusting and beneath her. Christ you warped your memories there.

Dex-chan lover
No. She told her friends that being nice to him was intentional, crafting an image for him to see, with the intent of making herself look better, since she'd be the "nice girl, pitying the ugly kid". She also literally calls him disgusting and beneath her. Christ you warped your memories there.

What part of that is not "talking smack"? And what part of it was not overheard as a result of eavesdropping? Hello, McFly??

Dex-chan lover
What part of that is not "talking smack"? And what part of it was not overheard as a result of eavesdropping? Hello, McFly??
The point of my response was to highlight how your description minimizes what happened and why it happened. Emphasizing how it's "what kids do", when plenty of kids don't do that, and how it was the "image he made in his head", despite that image being very intentional on her part. Other commenters have already gone into this, so I won't bother. We're talking from very different standpoints I think. Not sure why, but I guess some people have an easier time seeing why Hebikawa's actions are problematic/cruel.

Yeah he is being totally illogical here he shouldn’t have that much of problem with her and shouldn’t not be scared pf her more like hatred or disgust

Dex-chan lover
W
And there it is again, saying that the men are victimizing themselves. Jesus fucking Christ, is there any way you’ll ever see the double standard?
what Double standard....? kid packed the baggage he refuses to stop carrying, this isn't about comparing this to anything else it's just him. Shit happens and you move on and grow from it good or bad. But you keep moving that's life. He is the one who refuses to leave the past in the past and keeps letting it ruin present and future interpersonal relationships...

Dex-chan lover
Coming back here to read the comments and I see that a lot of you are illiterate and incapable of empathy, but what should I expect from weebs lmao

really confused on the shizuki outrage. he definitely needs to get over what happened (not that it's not valid to be upset by what she said, but it's just not something to think about so long) and handled their conversation poorly, but lets not act like hebikawa suddenly turned into some saint. she's still an asshole that was very clearly trying to take advantage of and bully kusonoki.

Users who are viewing this thread