Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Ch. 66 - Sekiu

Dex-chan lover
If anybody wondering, the hair removal method that Maomao used in this chapter is real. I have seen it featured on local TV sometime ago as a beauty practice done by people in Bangkok's Chinatown. Although, then it was done on fine hairs on women's face.
Yup. The technique is called threading. By stretching the gap of one hand, the twists between the two threads wind to the opposite hand. They catch and twist of the thin hairs in between the closing gap.

A steady hand keeps the hair removal in a straight line which helps shape eyebrows.

Dex-chan lover
If anybody wondering, the hair removal method that Maomao used in this chapter is real. I have seen it featured on local TV sometime ago as a beauty practice done by people in Bangkok's Chinatown. Although, then it was done on fine hairs on women's face.
Threading is still used and popular in the states too! I'm sure you can find a salon near you that does it, or find a video somewhere teaching you how to diy. Not hard but looks fucking painful

Dex-chan lover
Kind of glad they're extending things out using the light novel instead of the web novel. WN went from 0 to 100 by telling us that Shi Sui is consort Rouran.

Also concurring with a few others, I'm not so fond of Jinshi/MaoMao anymore.
He was funny but now he's just another spoiled creepy crown prince. Her putting on an act like she's stupid is purposeful because she still thinks the emperor will kill her if he finds out Jinshi isn't a eunuch and that MaoMao didn't tell him as soon as she found out.

Double-page supporter
Any idea which chapter/volume this is in the light novel?
Volume 4, Chapter 2: Seki-u
(if you're talking about the scene during the hunt, that's: Volume 3, Chapter 19: The Hunt (Part Three))

For future reference, most of the manga titles correspond to the chapters under the same name in the LN (a few are a bit different since they're either not in the LN, or we translated them differently).

Dex-chan lover
I didn't doubt it would work, but seems really slow and thus more painful.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating!
I know most folks here like Mao Mao and Jinshi's interactions, but I find him a bit creepy and got tired of this back and forth, tbh. I know they are the main couple, but still. Frog jokes are always good, though.

For anyone who has read or is up to date with the LN, do we get more info about Gyokuyou, Rifa, etc.? I'd like to know more about them.

Users who are viewing this thread