Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Vol. 6 Ch. 28.2 - A Stroll Through The City (Final Part)

@Darklight99 while I agree with the fact that Maomao could be a little softer with her attitude, it's not like she is just being like that with no reason whatsoever. By the end of the day, no matter how nice Jinshi is to Maomao, he is of a noble bloodline. And as such, for a person who practically lived in an environment where she saw day and night nobles come and promise empty heavens and use their charm to get what they want to only discard all of it when they became bored of it, I honestly do not think that her attitude is that surprising.
She always thinks about her well-being as her top most priority and who else but her knows that a commoner involving herself with a noble is not a great idea. She
may have some noble blood of her own
but that does not change the fact that she simply wants to not get emotionally invested in something that might just be a whim of a bored noble, which at the end of the day is exactly how Jinshi's infatuation with Maomao began in the first place.
I actually enjoy the fact that she still acts the way she does, if anything it makes her stand out that much more.

@Darklight99 Jinshi is a jerk and a huge dumbass, Maomao is already too nice to him. Plus everyone can tell Jinshi is hiding some terrible secrets, you can't trust him.

Double-page supporter
Maomao is being silly, she should had noticed there was more to that visit than just having a good time.
And, was she pouting that he didn't go to hanamachi? I she being jealous?

Double-page supporter
Posted twice because the page didn't refresh or update after the post -_-'

Dex-chan lover
so i guess her foster father is specialized in the diseases of women : he worked for the previous empress , and now he works in the red-light district .

in the back-grounds in page 8 and the onward pages , note that there are a lot of young couples walking around in front of the "love hotel" . page 13 : there is a young man buying a jewelry for his girl-friend / his wh0re , lol .

how to prevent rap* in a brothel : hiring a lot of big , strong pimps ? lol .

Dex-chan lover
@DFM1412 The term eunuch usually refers to someone who's had their testicles removed. Even if the shaft is still there though, the loss of your balls will leave you producing less male hormones and thus less likely to even want sex, or be able to get it up and keep it up. It was mentioned in this series a ways back how the eunuchs often become somewhat more feminine as a result of the changes it causes on the body. They can even start experiencing hot flashes and breast growth as a result of the hormone level shift.

There's some leeway in how the term is applied due to differences in what it covers from culture to culture, too, though. I'm not sure what all is missing on the eunuchs in this story, but it's more likely to be the balls if just one or the other... or both. No balls, no shaft, or neither and loss of interest in sexual activities even beyond your physical ability or lack thereof to partake, all while employed in a place where you are basically surrounded by gorgeous women all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the circles of hell.

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro in a fantastic spoof on Dante's inferno, the circle devoted to those swept away by their carnal desires there was all the sex you could get (while being blown around like a helium balloon in a hurricane) but no orgasm. Possibly a step worse.

@Aureliano I think she's more disappointed than jealous. Jinshi is easily capable of buying a fairly high level prostitute for good without lowering the price, and no matter why he wants to or how he intends to do it, it has made this entire outing (and possibly including the make down session) a bribe. None of this is reflecting well on Jinshi's standing in her eyes.

Group Leader
Mao mao pouting because if Jinshi were to visit hanamachi, Mao mao will get some shekels from babaa.

Mao Mao is still "Unsold" right?
So i literally asked how he could buy her?

Or am i forgetting something?

@Glomoro

It was deemed an honor to work there. And a duty. As far as i remember.
Atleast better then the choir men, who got "cut" just so they can keep their angelic voice for the catolic church.

But yeah ... literally "My Sons working as an Eunuch and the whole family profits." thing went on there.

Dex-chan lover
@Greenfox That would also be "My only son isn't physically capable of continuing the family line" too if they weren't careful, though. Probably something they'd only want the "honor" of having one of their children doing if they had another son to do that. But shit happens y'know? The son meant to continue the family line and possibly business if they had one of those too could end up dead in a freak accident, then they're just gonna be like "Well, shit. Now what?"

Dex-chan lover
@Greenfox Maomao has already been bought by Jinshi. The Tactician told Jinshi to ask Maomao how to lower the price of a Courtesan because of his story, of how he had to lower the price of a Courtesan he wanted. Maomao basically told him the rest of the Tactician story and what his point was:
Basically, he rendered the prostitute worthless by making her fall pregnant. That and the way she hates him to the point of not wanting to see him basically implies that Maomao is the Tactician's daughter from that prostitute.

Fed-Kun's army
@xomm chapter 29 RAWs came out a few days ago, we'll be releasing the next translated chapter within a few days time.

Tbh I think this is the first time this kind of misunderstanding has ever worked for me, as it makes complete sense that both of these characters would be acting in the way that they are, and they are making assumptions that are entirely rational to the information and personal context that they have. they aren't acting like people with brain damage and an aversion to speaking in definite terms. I'm fine with this.

Group Leader
@blueRiver Yeah, it's been stated already in the series that he uses chemical castration methods, so if he stopped taking the medicine he'd be fertile again.

Fed-Kun's army
So is this implying that Mao was born from a preganent courtesan? Kind of felt like it was hinted at a few chapters ago but now it feels blatant.

Users who are viewing this thread