Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Vol. 8 Ch. 37 - Balsam and Wood Sorrel (Part 1)

For some reason, this part was more painful in the novel. But it was still sad. Poor Feng Shen... :(

Holy ass this backstory made me cry and that little finger of Mao and her Mom's😭

@Karekon it WAS her mother. It was Feng Shen, having been reduced to low courtesan since she got pregnant and "abandoned" by Rakan, she was infected with syphilis and was left as a living corpse. It's explained in the novel, maybe later it will be explained here too

Dex-chan lover
That was a really well built up twist, I did not see that shit coming at all

Dex-chan lover
@Karekon not a LN or whatever reader but I'm pretty sure that is her mother. She was playing with white and black stones, like go pieces, the game she was supposedly unrivaled at. After he fucked off to war she was forced to regularly take customers and likely caught syphilis then. That's why Mao Mao made that bet with ol' dude to force him to finally fulfill his promise.

Dex-chan lover
Wow... That was far more sad than I expected.
It's also good that she didn't get any of her looks from her father, lol.

Dex-chan lover
It's that much sadder to see that the person we saw was once a functioning and highly intellectual individual

Dex-chan lover
@Nicromatic I think she is, the one who both Mao and her step dad treated and the one who almost strangle Mao to death too. Note: I think she is still alive, she try to suicide, but cant move anymore

On another side, if Rakan arrived home as scheduled, after her price sinked, he will have the chance to redeem her, and maybe we will see a happy ending then. Sometimes fate is cruel :(

Double-page supporter
I don't get if she is his biological daughter or what?

I knew this was coming but the manga depicted it superbly. Still shuddering that bitty Maomao got her fingertip cut and regrown.

Dex-chan lover
@Shyri she is, Fang Shen got pregnant with Mao-Mao when he is away on expedition. Its aligned with Mao-Mao story that she grow up in Hanamichi and raised by the three goddess, and one of them even become her milk mother.

So it wasn't rape.... it was consensual. They loved each other. The granny lied to Maomao.... 😔

Users who are viewing this thread