Lamia Orphe Is Dead - Ch. 16 - The Oncoming Threat

Somehow, I get the feeling that even the original Aquila (before going back in time) isn't as mean as he was originally portrayed (when we just heard hearsay) - though he could have had a hard time controlling his strength due to being stronger and more powerful than the average person. I also get the feeling that he might have been framed and the person who actually hurt Uriel could be someone else who borrowed Aquila's appearance. I find his brother the blond prince to be more suspicious. After all, people were initially apprehensive of the blond prince Ethan due to his resemblance to his father and were afraid he had inherited his tyrant father's personality. Meanwhile, Aquila's mother was called a "saintess" before the emperor's death after which people started calling her "witch" even though she was basically kidnapped by the king and it would be reasonable for her to resent him.

It's just kind of suspicious because Ethan didn't have much supporters before Lamia supported him and who really knows how accurate the description of the princes' personalities are.

Double-page supporter
This lad isn't even trying to be subtle about the time travel anymore lmao

Double-page supporter
Ik it's almost inevitable at this point, but I hope Ethan winds up NOT being the antagonist.

I wonder if there's some plot to get rid of the Orphe dukedom. It seems Aquila is from a future where he was close with Lamia, but due to someone's plans both her father and her got killed. As such, Aquila used his powers to go back in time to resolve things. After all they said an archmage is rumored to have reversed time and they're thinking he's more powerful than that. Moreover, it would explain why he seems weaker now, even getting sick, as he probably used a lot of his power to do that. I also suspect he may have actually destroyed her brother's hand, not out of maliciousness to him specifically but to change Lamia's future. With her brother's injury, Lamia would give up the position of duke to him, and perhaps he's hoping this will better help shield her from whoever is targeting their family. Not exactly a nice thing to do, but he strikes me as the type who may be willing to do anything for the person he loves, but is indifferent to most other people.

Idk but I started to feel hatred towards Lamia.. ughhhh cuz I think Aquila actually being the victim here and he suffered a lot to have her back. Just how could she. Well I know that she isn't aware of that yet but don't be so harsh on my baby😢

Ah Aquila you must understand that the present isn't the past. You must work hard to woo her and make it up to her brother in order to win her heart once more.

I totally get why Lamia is freaked out by him

Idc make Uri's hand great again or I dont wanna him about you humpf!

Ty for the update <3

Dex-chan lover
So I guess the start of their romance in the past loop was when Lamia realized that Aquila isn't a terrifying coldhearted monster everyone think he is, but a socially awkward monster who doesn't know that his actions just causes a LOT of misunderstanding.

Fed-Kun's army
I think the first prince (Lamia's friend) is plotting against the duke to get ride of the Orphe and framing his brother...

I wonder why he had that face when he met her at his brother’s funeral. Hm. The rest I can sort of understand but that part piques my curiosity

Definitely, he turned back in time after the funeral. The hero knows would prefer to dig a grave rahter be impudent toward heroine, lol

oh man now it’s getting interesting
it’s pretty obvious that he’s the one that turned time back but it’s even more interesting coming from the perspective of the FL that has no idea what’s gonna happen but the ML instead

The uwuness of the prince is annoying me, because the build up made us think he was some sort of grim reaper, but instead we have a love struck fool? Lamia is well versed in politics, but can't handle civil conversation. These two characters are not making sense.

Banned
guys you need to exercise your brains a little bit more. this shit is just like rick and morty,you need to have at least 420 iq to understand this.

Fed-Kun's army
Wait did lamia died because of prince Ethan in the past? Is that why aquilla got angry?

Anyways I am loving this mystery element so far! I guess aquilla isnt even trying to hide the fact he knows her from another past. Aquilla is cute here but like then what are those grim memories lamia has of aquilla from the funeral? And why did he break her bro's hand and now he has acting so friendly with them

Ok so boom 💥- this is my prediction:
Aquilla is from the future and he went back in time (using magic[foreshadowed in that little arch mage “rumor”]), but wasn’t able to go back to (or just didn’t because he felt that shouldn’t be changed) before he broke the brother’s hand (and I say this because at the funeral his attitude towards the family was still hostile). (Judging from the way the first prince hasn’t contacted Lamia in months and Aquila’s react when Lamia talks about him) The first prince (or the reagent king or grey haired vassal man 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️) is definitely plotting on the duke family (probably because they’re too powerful blah blah blah [im totally expecting them to make him reveal this in one of those “unexpected guy was actually evil the whole time” things]) and because Aquila is like heads over heels in love with Lamia this is all his “desperate” attempt of trying to prevent the series of unfortunate events that lead to her downfall (aka DEATH) in the future

Users who are viewing this thread