Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 10 Ch. 79 - Two Hundred Twenty Years

I'm very sure that the cases that stopped the gem research 220 years ago were related to Padparadscha and Alexandrite. Padparadscha seemed to have become a completely different person and probably found a way to force their retirement and Alex was supposed to have been experimented on so that her "curse" could be removed, but we don't see them either. It's possible that Alex had also found a way to force their retirement.

Dex-chan lover
Is that "thing" even phos anymore?

That was already a question after the leg loss. Now it's more like "Is this even the most recent iteration of the being we continued to call 'Phos' despite the possibility that on some level they were changed at such a basic level as to be a new entity with various memories that just sort of make even it think it's still the same being?" The question of what makes us who we are gets too complicated too quickly in a story like this.

FATHER I BEG OF THY FORGIVENESS, NOT FOR THEM BUT FOR ME; I PRAY FOR MERCY, NOT FOR ME BUT FOR THEM

seeing the difference between Phos now vs Phos then in the credits page is harrowing :(

Users who are viewing this thread