Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

• Loli Emilia is best

Votes: 1,001 28.0%
  • Emilia is best

Votes: 915 25.6%
  • I'm lame and like Rem

Votes: 1,656 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
9ZVepBY.jpg

welcome

where's the option to preload infinite pages?

Yu0MuGU.jpeg

Contributor
@ixlone Thanks for the response. I actually took the time to work with legacy before making my initial comment.
The current reader's customization options are definitely doable, but there's a mild disappointment for the lack of immovable features like chapter selection, page selection, and title links.
Perhaps in the future we'll be able to customize where we choose these options to appear.
While it is disappointing, it's not overall disappointing. I'm at least glad the new option is decent and I imagine your staff's workload will decrease significantly.

Dex-chan lover
I've seen the loading delays on the long strip view mangas, but I assumed it was due to the high load on the servers not a issue with the reader.
Wouldn't a infinite number of pages preloading just add to the load on the database, and make them run slower yet? I'm not a expert so I maybe way off on my theories.🤒
And it seems Teasday is busting his butt addressing user issues with the reader (real and imagined) when they are reported so at least try to exercise a bit of patience till the bugs are worked out before giving up on it entirely. 😯

Well this sucks.

Legacy worked much better on my phone than the default, which has a noticeable lag when scrolling through multiple pages in long strip mode whereas legacy had no lag.

Default works fine on PC, but on mobile it is laggy; using same wifi, same frequency bands, same distance from router, etc.

Personally even with the options to declutter the "default" reader, the simplicity of the now deprecated legacy reader is in my eyes far superior for reading... On both mobile and PC. Call me a dinosaur for liking it more than the default sh- reader... But I prefer my bars at the top and no clutter, even if I could hide it... Sad to see it go... I might go with it... Decluttering it is not exactly the same. It's also mostly the default reader UI for the vast majority of websites that host text, novels, comics etc...

PMR

Good job making the site worse yet again, the legacy reader was nice and simple and the "default" reader looks like trash

Dex-chan lover
Just used the reader in long strip mode to look at Sono Bisque Doll... and it loaded almost instantly and displayed flawlessly. Admittedly I'm viewing it on a desktop not a phone so there may be issues with the mobile reader format, or the phone network. idk, But bugs can still be squashed right? 😕

Dex-chan lover
ln27RE3l.jpg

I'm guessing a lot of the backlash is simply due to the fact that users aren't used to something and have to readjust, just like when any other big site has some kind of layout change. This change specifically is justified though, and not just for the sake of 'switching it up' or any other trivial reason.

Group Leader
I haven't watched the thing yet, but is there something wrong with loli Emilia?
I voted 'cause I see the word loli in it. It feels like my hands got its own mind when I see that bewitching word. Eugh.
EDIT:
Ah, now that I see what is the problem. (Not a problem for me though.)
People who get mad are mostly the boomer of this site. C'mon guys this is not a big deal if you compare it with the quarantine. And most people already get used to it.

Also, @bigtiddyoneesan, that damned link. It was my 5th time this year. Thanks.

@bigtiddyoneesan exactly how is this justified? nothing in this thread has made mention about why legacy had to go and unlike other, more polished sites, with better user experiences, it's not possible to search the forums where the mods/admins explain this.

Dex-chan lover
It seems the norm these days for people to react negatively to any change in extreme a manner as possible making absolute sure to emphasize how terrible a descision it is and how they'll take their patronage elsewhere (particularly rich when most of us are leechers enjoying technically pirated work).

For anyone with sanity left, you might be upset at losing an option but it's not like the change was made for no reason or reasons only having to do with the legacy reader. And you can still read your stuff. It's just different ...and in your case maybe somewhat less convenient. By all means if it's not good enough for your freeloader fix of flicking through manga like candy, go elsewhere. It's not like this model is sustainable in the long run, but you are free to oppose efforts to maintain it as well as support other practices that serve to eventually kill it off faster.

@fullerhorn You need a full report? Will that even make you feel better if you nee the exact intricate reason? I highly doubt it. You're still going to say other sites have "better" experiences. By all means go, most of these sites can provide better experiences because their user count is lower, they compress images, and aren't suffering as much crawling as MD does.

I'll say it because I find it unlikely the admins will be as harsh...just get out. If you're fixated on your own precious special experience, you're not looking for "answers", at least none that can be reasonably given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread