Live Dungeon! - Vol. 6 Ch. 31 - The Moment You Get Hooked

Dex-chan lover
Remember the support is the dom of the party and can send the adc to the cuck shed at any time

Dex-chan lover
@demitsuru Something in the rough neighborhood of 2-4% of the people reading this regularly even bothered to rate the series at all. Of that extremely small amount of people who did bother, why should we trust them to have put any thought into the number they chose at all? That system is unregulated in any meaningful way, there's no particular guidelines on how to rate things, and people often pick a number within a certain range on a whim (if they didn't simply go "uhhhhh 10 for like, 1 for dislike").

Rather than take the ratings on a site like this with a grain of salt... bring an entire salt mine.

Dex-chan lover
Props for Steph. Not only did she became a great healer, she also became a fantastic aggro manager and battle planner. Keeping track of all these things in the heat of battle is nuts

Aggregator gang
Mwahahaha... healer is useless? Wrong! Healer is your god. The power of life and death of their teammate is in their hand. This is why i love so much playing as White Mage in FFIV.

Ohh, I understand the feeling of being able to clutch heal and save the game. I did it just the other day in OW with me being the only healer and alternating healing different teammates trying to let no one die. That game was very intense when it went into overtime and we were like 1% away from winning. We could have won or lost, and everything was chaotic. I was jumping around the payload trying to stay alive as I knew that the moment I died would be the moment we lost. We won in the end, and both my teammate and the enemy said that I was the best healer, which was something nice to say, as healers often go unappreciated. I still bask in the afterglow of that match even though some days have passed.

I healed around 21,000 HP in that game by the way. It was in Quick Play so that number is a lot. The average is maybe half of that.

I wish I could just kill off some teammates like in this chapter though. Some people deserve that.

The setting for this one is so strange. In lots of fantasy, there's revive and OP healing mechanics, but they seem quite OP here. They were only valued less, because death has no meaning in these dungeons. The main character has established that they can benefit a party when utilized differently, and with the live broadcasting magic, people caught on to it quite fast. There's now crowds cheering for healers. It feels like we've wrapped up the objective of fixing the reputation of healers, so what's next? Are they going to drag out training healers? Is he going to take it to the next level and prove healers are the 'best'? Is he going to form a group and just dungeon delve? I feel like we're getting written into a boring corner without a big change to the story.

Dex-chan lover
Indeed I think a lot of aggro could be gained by throwing a tower shield to opponent's face and taunting them. It kinda leave one defenseless, though xD

@Chris_Pirtle
Well his overall goals were 1. Get to the final boss and beat him again, see if it lets him go home. and then because that was impossible with healers considered trash and due to his own annoyance at such he made goal 2. Raise the prestige of healers as more then a one use phoenix down.

Barring some new goal coming up this means he'll once again aim for goal 1. But by what he was saying before it seems like he would be using random other parties. Alternative ideas to throw something in though; forming his own guild to facilitate his quick movement up the levels, the people who run the dungeons that don't have auto-revive need his help for some reason and get it and now he needs to fight in a environment where a person left on the ground too long is straight DEAD and the difference in culture between the two groups on top of no longer have encyclopedic knowledge of what he's facing, or for the most boring option 'dumb asswipe guild picks fight with him because they still refuse to believe healers are worth shit despite everything' with the most likely option being the all mage clan he sold the staff to if they aren't new asswipes introduced purely for a bad guy.

Users who are viewing this thread