Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 6 Ch. 76 - Coming to Light! Peachy's Past, Part 2

Dex-chan lover
@GurrenPrime5 "I am a mentally ill person." You specify as a child so I'll make an assumption it was kids that called you that. Guess what? Kids are assholes.
Kids don't need to have control over your entire life unless they are your own. So don't give it too them. They didn't need you to have a mental illness to call you names.

You can take offense to being called something you can but you weren't called that.
Not I nor the person you dragged for called anyone retarded they called a writing theme retarded.

I hope one day you learn that you aren't just a mental illness because you aren't.
You don't need to worry about a word because you aren't a word. You are a person and it's sad to see that you've let people whittle you down to a word you take offense to.
Assuming you haven't already blocked me and won't even see this I hope you know that at the very least I think you a person and I wrote my comment out of impulsive concern. (it's also know as being an ass)
Even more so that you identify with that word you should know that you aren't just that word and you aren't a worthless victim that needs defending from a mere word.

Double-page supporter
Just want to point out after rereading, Momo's entire lower body is missing after that initial blast from Suika. Same with Momo's arm, she didn't just injure herself to get away she straight up cut her own arm off. It's cleverly framed so there's not really any gore (aside from Suika melting) but in the first panel of page 10 you can clearly see a LOT of blood below Momo's waist.

I was so focused on the story that I didn't realize on the first read through, but that's really a lot for her to go through. I know Suika "healed" her at the end there but I'm surprised all she was left with were scars.

@Lioslin
Thank you for the calmer reply this time around and thank you for the concern. I may have been too confrontational in my own reply, so sorry about that. However this subject is a lot more complicated than you seem to believe it to be. I’ll continue this in private messages to avoid cluttering the comment section.

@ilikepi31415
Okay, you make some seriously weird comments here. I think you are not paying enough attention.
1. Nothing is sealed under the tree. Nobody even implied that. Metako just said the cards in the urn are from sealing one big demon, but Sakura just buried that pot under the tree. The tree is actually unrelated to the sealing and the cards are as well.
2. Momo didnt lose her lower half... what the heck? You can clearly see that her side is cut open by the blast, exactly where her scars are in the future. The reason you dont see her lower body is that Ito cant show Momo's body torn open and covered in blood. Same for the arm probably (although it is hidden the entire time, so it's impossible to say).
If Momo's entire lower body had been cut off she would have a scar across her entire waist.

This chapter makes me wonder about the light clan tho. Magical girls are killing demons to get reward cards from some higher ups but why do the higher ups want demons dead. Demons are pretty much pormal people nowadays so what's up with that. (๑´•.̫ • `๑)

Double-page supporter
@jellyrolljunior
From what the snake said during Lilith's arc, apparently the crusade against demons was started millennia ago by an "ancient decree by an omniscient being" who the "blended into humanity and vanished."

Basically God saw all the old demons and made the navigators find magical girls to subdue them, God vanished or something, and now even though most demons are peaceful the navigators and some ancient magical girls are still operating under those ancient orders of extermination.

what's the name of the trope that suika pulls off on pg12, where a person that's part of a memory somehow becomes aware of the presence of a person who's not a part of the memory? it's always great when it happens in a story

@jellyrolljunior
The most common method of dealing with Dark Clan (who are not all demons by the way) is to seal them. Killing is just an extreme method. The Light Clan doesnt want Dark Clan dead, they want them "unable to move", which applies to both. They get rewards for both it seems.

The Light Clan is obviously an automated system since the administrators (the alleged godlike beings Mizuchi mentioned) left. Back in the day Dark Clan were stronger and more dangerous, warranting a harder stance against them. But these days the Dark Clan bloodlines are almost all watered down, so they are more human. That's why Suika found a town with myth class Dark Clan so extraordinary. Guides are just AI who keep dishing out rewards for sealing Dark Clan, but Magical Girls are basically autonomous, so they can just do what they want.

@ilikepi31415
Mizuchi never mentioned that it was an "omniscient being".
We also dont know anything about "ancient magical girls". Suika is literally the only magical girl that is millenia old we know and her case seems to be exceptional. Maybe because she keeps drinking Dark Clan.
Every other magical girl seems to age appropiately.

Double-page supporter
Being meguca is suffering.
But seriously, these are some heavy themes.
I want to know ancestor's thoughts in all of these.

I'd like to point out that right before the blank panel on page 6, Suika said ちゃんと苦しまないように殺してるから
Technically speaking, the translation "I killed them to put an end to their suffering" can also be correct, but I think with the emphasis of ちゃんと at the start, she probably meant it more as "I made sure they didn't suffer when I killed them".
So basically 苦しまないように|殺してるから vs. 苦しまないように殺してるから, a difference in where you split the sentence.

Dex-chan lover
Man that black panel is the best reaction\aftermath panel i'v ever seen. Who would think it's gonna be in 4-koma yuri comedy manga! Well, it's pretty strange to see such serious and dark story in 4-koma in general, this format exists almost exclusively for SOL\comedy genres.

Yeah, can't say this got dark as it has been heavily implied almost since the beginning. But the darkness surfaced now as an undeniable current threat... How the manga progresses from here seems a bit tricky but I'll look forward to what Ito comes up with.

Poor Momo, now that we know how she saved the world we also learned why she is so traumatized. Gotta say, I've rarely seen a black panel placed as effectively as here.

@Dael Someone put it on the TV Tropes page for this series, if you haven't found it already.
The trope seems to be "Poke in the Third Eye" (Somehow the subject can detect Being Watched and does not take kindly to it.) and it happens during their "Pensieve Flashback" (There are a few ways that this can be achieved within the narrative, but the end result is that the character is now walking around in a representation of their or someone else's memories.)

You know , if they would have removed the cuck tapir and metako , other stuff this would have been a better manga.

@Primo_Itoko

>endgame

We still have: Figuring out what to do about Gusion in Shamiko's phone, Lilith transferring into school, looking for other demons, finally meeting Momo's other magical girl acquaintance that's been hinted at since volume 1, finding out what Ryoko's potential is (possibly as a magical girl?), etc.

I feel like we're at least two volumes out from any potential "endgame", maybe more.

@Primo_Itoko

At most, Ito's set up a Chekov's Gun for the endgame that she can employ at any time. When she decides she's wrapped enough dangling plot threads and is ready to end the series, she can finally pull the trigger and have a partially recovered and vengeful Suika show up in town again to set off the final battle, be that in one more volume or in twenty.

Users who are viewing this thread