Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 6 Ch. 76 - Coming to Light! Peachy's Past, Part 2

Dex-chan lover
Suika will not die because of Sakura's teachings
However, the fitting end for her will be in the Ancestor's Statue to be imprisoned in a isolated space for eternity. There, she will know nothing of the outside, and no harm can come to her since nobody will deal with her.

I had to read the chapter twice to make sense of some things, things certainly got dark quickly in this one.

I so wonder if the person sealed under the Sakura tree is Lilith and she's the one protecting the town all these years, and maybe the horned demon looking in was Lilith....or it's Joshua that's sealed under the tree, who knows, just with the age of Suika, she may have history with Lilith.

Wait, I'm reading it right ? Did she... really eat the demon she killed ? Or was she speaking metaphorically when she told that she consumed them ? Please tell me it's the later...

Oh and I just realized that the cherry decayed after Suika got melted. I wonder why ?

Dex-chan lover
God, what a buildup those past 70-odd chapters were, and what a payoff this is. This manga just went full grimdark - literally, with a pitch-black panel. Though as dark as this series is going to go, at least it hasn't killed off any contemporary main characters... yet.

Please stay healthy, Ito-sensei. It's like the story only just now began for real, and there'll be years to go, and abysses of despair and suffering to cross, until Shamiko can have her happy ending, smooshing her face into Momo's stomach and going "brrrrrm" every day for the rest of their lives together. Don't leave us hanging.

I don't know what to say about this chapter.

I can 100% say that this chapter deserve 10/10 but what is this feeling? There are too much going on in my head and my heart right now. Ito-sensei really is a genius.

Dex-chan lover
@Silfir Uh why do you think the Series is going to be super dark from now on? I mean we've got the Big bad but does that necessarily mean everything's going to be super grim from now on? It's a very interesting development but I considering Shamiko's reactions I don't really think the tone of the manga is going to change that much

Dex-chan lover
I FUCKING LOVE OUR END GAME VILLAIN!!!! YES SHE IS SO PURE EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also Shamiko being super handsy and protective with lil' Momo is so good!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter.

The N card seems to be a "nue" (a kind of youkai).

Dex-chan lover
Everything is clear now.

Fuck I'm scared. No author, you can't mask this by making Shamiko all giddy at the end.

Dex-chan lover
"Who Watches The Watchers?" "What happens to the soldiers after the war is won?"

Pretty fun chapter, and it definitely fits that the most dangerous enemy after the Victory Of Light might well be one of the victorious priestesses of light. Immortal and spending huge amounts of time serving, and then suddenly their raison d'etre slowly dies out, now what? Some of them might well settle down well and seek to build lasting peace, but it wouldn't be surprising some would get warped looking for a new mission and ever more extreme in their methods. Poor Metako, wasn't just "getting old" after all you were pretty unfair their Momo! Do your best you goofy demon/mg team.

But... where... where is my happy cute manga?
So sads ;~;
I'm going to die.
I wasn't really expecting it to gwt this explicitly dark.

Users who are viewing this thread